+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Solihull

I can't help but notice contrast between Davy's view of NA when manager and since he left is rather stark! Never saw that coming.

There is no way Davy hasn't used the handbrake for this almost 180!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yup that's Wrexham and Chesterfield who have both spent huge and not even reached the playoff final.

I'm sure Wrexham will go again next season, maybe even double down financially and will start favourites but Chesterfield, not so sure?

We always know not all the 3 big spenders could go up and it turns out only 1 did, only Stockport's gamble paid off.
    You make a very good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Conceded 6 and scored 5 in play offs last season.

Conceded 3 and scored 2 in play offs season before under NA.

So as I said before, wven with your latest chosen metric, they are kind of similar but slightly more interesting to watch under IB.

As I said to Davy, just save us all the time and say you don't like the guy.
    I dont dislike IB
    I just believe NA was a better manager brought in better players who even as recently as Monday filled the majority the 11 shirts that started the game. Indeed IB’s best signing was who exactly? Weve gone backwards

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    but wrote off for the one season we were relegated.
    Yeah, funny how people hold that against him, with it only being the biggest failure in the club's history that we're still paying for now. It is a lot easier to avoid relegation from L2 than to achieve promotion from the NL.

I'm no fan of either Ardley or Burchnall as I think the latter failed to cement the early promise he'd shown and the former was taking us backwards. Let's not forget when Burchnall first arrived, we were already imploding and something was clearly wrong.

If Ardley does well at Solihull, it just makes me question what's wrong at Notts and why he couldn't do it with us.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2022 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I dont dislike IB
    I just believe NA was a better manager brought in better players who even as recently as Monday filled the majority the 11 shirts that started the game. Indeed IB’s best signing was who exactly? Weve gone backwards
    The commentators on BT Sports were effusive in their praise of NA. They neglected to say (1) He got Notts relegated with barely a whimper (2) Notts were abysmal in the playoff final.

😂 It was all so much easier when manger after manager were universally rated as crap!

I find it hilarious that those who say we shouldn’t have sacked so and so and replaced him with someone worse, yet they are the ones who continually call for a manager or various players to **** off.
    IB wasn’t a crap manager. He had a win ratio over over 50%. He helped us achieve our highest points tally. We were one push in the back not happening away from having a game yesterday. That’s not his fault. But then again there was those calling out his substitutions on Monday, 2 of which were for injuries.
    I honestly think we would have been stronger next season with IB at the helm. A lot of the squad retained and hopefully strengthened. A clear way of playing. Now we start again.
    For the record I also don’t think NA is it was crap, as he is proving.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I find it hilarious that those who say we shouldn’t have sacked so and so and replaced him with someone worse, yet they are the ones who continually call for a manager or various players to **** off.
    IB wasn’t a crap manager. He had a win ratio over over 50%. He helped us achieve our highest points tally. We were one push in the back not happening away from having a game yesterday. That’s not his fault. But then again there was those calling out his substitutions on Monday, 2 of which were for injuries.
    I honestly think we would have been stronger next season with IB at the helm. A lot of the squad retained and hopefully strengthened. A clear way of playing. Now we start again.
    Spot on.

Yep!

Yes, fair comment. I became frustrated with Burchnall's tactics in the latter half of this season, but I was interested to see if our signings in the summer and his tactical approach to next season would address the obvious weaknesses that cost us promotion.

As it is, Burchnall has decided to go, and there's no point trying to keep a manager whose head has turned elsewhere. I'm not sure we're quite 'starting again' because it looks like a good portion of our current squad will remain for the new season, but the incoming manager will ideally have knowledge of this league and therefore, decent knowledge of the players they will inherit.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast