+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brindley signs

Brindley signs

Defender Richard Brindley has signed a new two-year contract at Meadow Lane.

The 29-year-old was one of our most consistent performers last season, excelling in his role on the right of a back three.

And we are delighted to have secured his services ahead of the new campaign.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “As a club, we know how we want to play - and that requires individuals who are comfortable and brave on the ball and positive in their intent.

“We also want characters who embrace pressure and strive to improve on a daily basis.

“Richard has all those qualities and has developed hugely in his new position over the last year, so we’re thrilled to have him with us for at least the next two seasons.”

Brindley added: “People often ask me why I’m not playing in the EFL, but there aren’t many clubs who have what we’ve got.

“Everything about the club is unique - the style of play, the fans, the history.

“I want to be in the EFL with this club. Nottingham has become my second home and I want to remain loyal.

“I hope we can push for first place next season, because the history we can make in doing so would be special.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...w-deal-270522/

That's good

good news, just the 3 defenders 2 of which need to be beasts, 1 combative midfielder, and 2 strikers required now then (imo)

Good news, so the board are signing players not the manager.

Some good news at last. It is nice to get a bit of loyalty at the club. I used to thunk Brindley was a bit of a prima Donna. Very happy to be proved wrong. His statement also seems to reaffirm the playing style for next season, to a degree anyway. Hopefully room for some steel in midfield.
    Welcome back for another two seasons Bill.

Definitely good news. Very committed player, good defender with a fair amount of skill on the ball. Just what we need for the system we will be playing. Can be full-back in a 4 or RCB in a 3 / 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Good news, so the board are signing players not the manager.
    When the manager/ head coach (when we have one) at Notts agree on a player Jason Turner does the negotiations and signing.

Good signing and glad to have him here. COYP

Positive news - less on the clock than most 29 year-olds so you could see he has a delayed or extended peak that we'll benefit from...

Him and Cameron for those wide-CB roles, Rawlo for general cover, but a top CB signing required for that middle role.

That's a very positive signing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast