+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trees Promoted!

Trees Promoted!

Well they have done it, so after an inauspicious start to the season Forest are now back in the big time, wonder if its worth having a flutter on a new record lowest pts total?

I have a few friends of the Red Dog persuasion. I congratulated them yesterday. Today I found out they became the first team to win then playoffs without scoring a goal in the final. Huddersfield were unlucky to be denied 2 penalties. The first? Maybe the ref thought he jumped into Colback, my thoughts were that he jumped to clear the leg but didn't jump high or fast enough. Penalty. The second? A nudge in the back by Lowe who also wrapped his leg round that of the attacker and failed to make contact with the ball. Penalty. At least we won't get Jon Moss next year.

That's the way the cookie crumbles boys.
    From VAR robbing us at Bournemouth and Liverpool
    To Anderlecht buying a refereee and one feeling sorry for Gascoigne and not sending him off.

As for the lowest points target?
    well that depends if we go out and buy a load of **** like you did last time.

The difference is, we have a decent manager now, not BD and his ways.

Whatever happens, the £170 million+ will keep the bank manager happy xxxx

Well I congratulate Forest and you, Tricky, albeit through clenched teeth. After that awful start, you played some of the best football in the league and deserved to go up. I'd love to say that we will play you again in 2023-24, but I only see one of us back in the championship by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well I congratulate Forest and you, Tricky, albeit through clenched teeth. After that awful start, you played some of the best football in the league and deserved to go up. I'd love to say that we will play you again in 2023-24, but I only see one of us back in the championship by then.
    I second that. One of my best mates is a die hard Forest fan and has been seriously ill since last August. Forest’s performance during most of this season has been a true tonic to him so I take some vicarious pleasure in their success because it has honestly kept him going.
    Nine months of heavy duty treatment ended last week, so the gloves can come off again and I hope they come back down with the lowest points total ever next season...very much doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    GP, I can relate to the clenched teeth bit. I have had it in reveserse remember.
    I had 3 years of hell in/out of hospital, listening to reports on my phone/ipad.
    I have stabilised vey much in the last year and then Cooper goes and does this.
    So, suddenly life doesn't seem so bad after all.

You'll be back. Clubs our size don't stay that low for long. But football is a fickle friend. You love it and hate it.
    But today is a friend day for me. The memories of Platt/Megson/Hughton can start to fade for a little while.

My season has been fulfilled. We're up, you're down. What could be left to give?
    Billy Davies coming back to Derby maybe?

You’ve all gone soft. Hates a strong word, I reserve that for the likes of Putin and Saville, but I wish nothing but Ill will towards Forest. Some things run deep for any given human and this does for me. Nothing personal of course and no I’m not DCFCA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You’ve all gone soft. Hates a strong word, I reserve that for the likes of Putin and Saville, but I wish nothing but Ill will towards Forest. Some things run deep for any given human and this does for me. Nothing personal of course and no I’m not DCFCA
    No you're Rattea

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No you're Rattea
    Nice try but there is only one spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Nice try but there is only one spelling mistake
    Ratty had 2 accounts mucker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)