+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a tad concerned!

I'm a tad concerned!

I've heard though a reliable source that no one wants to work with Jeff Shi!

I've promised not to tell who that source is, so you'll just have to take my word on it. But, the evidence is there. How is it that Scott Sellars, once a reserve team coach is now second in command to Shi? It seems all the people Shi has now armed himself with are all 'Yes Men'! All the football minded men have now left Wolves. I want to dig a bit further into this but our recent transfer activity seem to back this up. Apparently it was Shi who decided on the ludicrous signing of Silva for £35m. Nuno was offered Hwang but declined the transfer, and apparently so far we've only seen £7m of the Jota transfer to Liverpool. Our transfer policy at Molineux over the last 3 windows have been suspect, even given the Fair Play ruling and I'm not convinced we're going to do the business we need this one. I want to know what's happened to Fosun's 10 year plan! Because we've wasted the last two seasons!

I've had my suspicions regarding Shi and Fosun for a while now.
    I'm starting to think this 10 year plan is all about consolidation not ambition.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the inevitable 40-50m we get for Neves.

I have a strong feeling we may well see another couple of "Ones for the future."

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I've heard though a reliable source that no one wants to work with Jeff Shi!

I've promised not to tell who that source is, so you'll just have to take my word on it. But, the evidence is there. How is it that Scott Sellars, once a reserve team coach is now second in command to Shi? It seems all the people Shi has now armed himself with are all 'Yes Men'! All the football minded men have now left Wolves. I want to dig a bit further into this but our recent transfer activity seem to back this up. Apparently it was Shi who decided on the ludicrous signing of Silva for £35m. Nuno was offered Hwang but declined the transfer, and apparently so far we've only seen £7m of the Jota transfer to Liverpool. Our transfer policy at Molineux over the last 3 windows have been suspect, even given the Fair Play ruling and I'm not convinced we're going to do the business we need this one. I want to know what's happened to Fosun's 10 year plan! Because we've wasted the last two seasons!
    https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1130855930?-300:786

Sounds like we better moderate our expectations...

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1130855930?-300:786

Sounds like we better moderate our expectations...
    Just in case the previous article left you feeling there was a whiff of hope...

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1130872191?-300:786

Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it?

"The sheer number of references to Wolves’ Esports wing in Shi’s 37-minute sit-down interview with Johnny Phillips proves the club’s priority is no longer the first team squad. The fact Shi wasn’t sure which team Phillips was referring to when discussing investment in the squad reaffirms that."

More than a tad concerned now plater.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1130992848?-300:786

So Fosun think we have topped out, that may be the case but Leicester have managed to break that mould, and so have Citeh albeit over a long time period and with the benefit of a much larger stadium. I'm realistic and think that the best we can hope for is to sustain this level and have an occasional go at European football as clubs like Fulham, Bolton and the clay heads have done in recent times.

I worry that Fosun appear to be lowering the bar as far as their long term goals for the club are concerned, if we are to settle for being in the 'best of the rest' group we are at greater risk of getting relegated. As such this window is going to be key as the squad is likely to change more than it has at any stage in the last three seasons, gradual change would have been preferable.

I sometimes wonder why teams bother to sign players that are reasonable. As soon as they improve and get noticed the big clubs City, United Barcelona. Real Madrid etc, come along and sign them. Money talks I am afraid, It would appear, on paper at least, it is virtually impossible to win the Premier League unless you have an open cheque book and put two fingers up to FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I sometimes wonder why teams bother to sign players that are reasonable. As soon as they improve and get noticed the big clubs City, United Barcelona. Real Madrid etc, come along and sign them. Money talks I am afraid, It would appear, on paper at least, it is virtually impossible to win the Premier League unless you have an open cheque book and put two fingers up to FFP.
    I guess you’re talking about Ruben Abbo? From my point of view I don’t begrudge the move to Barca if it happens, seeing him in a Spuds or a Man Ure kit wouldn’t be so palatable…

I wouldn’t be surprised if Raul and Adama go this window too. Raul may benefit from a move to rediscover some form, perhaps back to Spain to a side that suit his playing style better than we do now. I think we should cash in on Adama while we can, he doesn’t really seem to want to be here after all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)