+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Goram - Awful!

Andy Goram - Awful!

Poor guy who started his season off with West Brom has been diagnosed with terminal Level 4 oesophageal cancer and given six months to love. Goram has declined chemotherapy which could give him a few months more to live as he does not want to be ill with the time he has left. A truly awful situation and he's only 58 FFS!

Thoughts are with him in this terrible time.

PS - my next post will hopefully have some cheer for 68!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Poor guy who started his season off with West Brom has been diagnosed with terminal Level 4 oesophageal cancer and given six months to love. Goram has declined chemotherapy which could give him a few months more to live as he does not want to be ill with the time he has left. A truly awful situation and he's only 58 FFS!

Thoughts are with him in this terrible time.

PS - my next post will hopefully have some cheer for 68!
    What a horrible situation to be in. Can understand his decision but must be so hard for both himself and family. News like this puts the many other problems that we all face into perspective doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    What a horrible situation to be in. Can understand his decision but must be so hard for both himself and family. News like this puts the many other problems that we all face into perspective doesn't it.
    Absolutely OM6 buddy. The older we become, sad situations such as this become more prevalent amongst our family and friends. I hope he, and his family and friends, obtain some comfort in knowing that many will be thinking of them.

The problem with chemotherapy is that it takes that much out of you so unfortunately he has made the right decision and cram in all he can with the time he has left

A mate of mine from my Dunlop days went out with Andy’s first ex wife Jacquie.

Lovely girl was Jacquie but she has a hard time with Andy during their marriage as he was on the lash so much of the time and had an eye for the ladies.

My mate always said he was no trouble though and still very generous with Jacquie and they remained good friends, more like mates than ex partners.

He’s been a serious alcoholic for a long time though and it’s perhaps no surprise that this evil disease is the one that will take him.

A brave decision though and I admire him for it.

My dad died from this particular cancer. He was 49. It is one of the most virulant cancers and successful treatment and recovery is very rare. His brother also died of the same thing. You are effectively starving to death as you cannot get any food down and end up being fed through a tube into the stomach. Fu**ing horrible way to go and a horrible situation for love ones to have to witness.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)