+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final

Champions League Final

Simple question - there's no thread here about the goings on outside the ground: Is that because no-one has a strong opinion or because voicing the 'wrong' opinion, strongly held or not, is not worth the aggro?

NOT asking for a friend but asking after seeing some pretty extreme stuff elsewhere on t'internet

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Simple question - there's no thread here about the goings on outside the ground: Is that because no-one has a strong opinion or because voicing the 'wrong' opinion, strongly held or not, is not worth the aggro?

NOT asking for a friend but asking after seeing some pretty extreme stuff elsewhere on t'internet
    Probably that very reason.

The French were bang out of order with their responses. There was no riots/fires/assaults and need taking to task

The Scousers were not all innocent either . I wasn't manning the gate, but the reports I've seen show them climbing fences, circumventing the ticket booth. Not to mention the claimed forged tickets.
    They have history for it and I doubt its changed.

They are very good at playing the victim card, yet for some strange reason Hysel never seems to come into it.

Why you still on this forum tricky?

Shouldnt you be giving Pool fans pelters you shrewd one ye

Chortle!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Why you still on this forum tricky?

Shouldnt you be giving Pool fans pelters you shrewd one ye

Chortle!
    Well they do let anyone in.
    You're allowed in despite being a complete dildo

I had a gander at your nffc ltlf forum earlier... youre all obssessed with us despite winning the lottery its quite sad haha

“We are Derby, say we are Der-by”

Chortle!

The French immediate response was to blame the Scousers. They also said Real fans were exemplary. Sky reporters have debunked both assertions.

Were there fake tickets? Probably. The people who had them probably bought them thinking they were genuine and had paid serious coin for them. Blame the forgers, not the folk who bought them.

Even the French have now admitted that a lot of those who scaled the fences were local scallies, not Scousers.

I hadn't commented earlier because, when it comes to Liverpool, people seem entrenched in their views. Hillsborough? The gutter press and the police immediately blamed Liverpool fans. 20 years later, the inquiry showed most of the blame lay with the police and the FA for poor organisation. Heysel? As an eye witness I can tell you that the Italians were at least as much to blame as Liverpool fans and probably more so. The biggest culprits were the Heysel authorities, UEFA and Brussels police. That end of the ground was supposed to be empty as the concrete of the terrace was breaking up and was dangerous. It was decided to let ticketless people in. There were more Italians than Scousers in that end. It was Scousers who were pelted with lumps of concrete. It was Scousers carried out with stab wounds. It was an Italian who waved a pistol (later found to have been a starting pistol) which was the straw that saw the Scousers attack.

The Scousers weren't completely innocent but they were the "entity" least guilty at Heysel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The French immediate response was to blame the Scousers. They also said Real fans were exemplary. Sky reporters have debunked both assertions.

Were there fake tickets? Probably. The people who had them probably bought them thinking they were genuine and had paid serious coin for them. Blame the forgers, not the folk who bought them.

Even the French have now admitted that a lot of those who scaled the fences were local scallies, not Scousers.

I hadn't commented earlier because, when it comes to Liverpool, people seem entrenched in their views. Hillsborough? The gutter press and the police immediately blamed Liverpool fans. 20 years later, the inquiry showed most of the blame lay with the police and the FA for poor organisation. Heysel? As an eye witness I can tell you that the Italians were at least as much to blame as Liverpool fans and probably more so. The biggest culprits were the Heysel authorities, UEFA and Brussels police. That end of the ground was supposed to be empty as the concrete of the terrace was breaking up and was dangerous. It was decided to let ticketless people in. There were more Italians than Scousers in that end. It was Scousers who were pelted with lumps of concrete. It was Scousers carried out with stab wounds. It was an Italian who waved a pistol (later found to have been a starting pistol) which was the straw that saw the Scousers attack.

The Scousers weren't completely innocent but they were the "entity" least guilty at Heysel.
    Completely agree with the above. Every eye witness report I’ve heard has blamed a combination of the authorities and local trouble makers much more than Liverpool fans.
    Liverpool have played more ‘big’ matches than any other club this season...they’ve been at Wembley three times since March.
    Was there any trouble? No.
    Did Liverpool fans invade the pitch after the last match of the season? No.
    Of course there are the usual small percentage of trouble makers amongst those who support Liverpool...every club has them...but, imo, blaming them for Saturday evening’s scenes is a combination of jealousy and buck passing.

P.S. Not sure what ‘aggro’ AF is referring to in his opening comment.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-06-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Completely agree with the above. Every eye witness report I’ve heard has blamed a combination of the authorities and local trouble makers much more than Liverpool fans.
    Liverpool have played more ‘big’ matches than any other club this season...they’ve been at Wembley three times since March.
    Was there any trouble? No.
    Did Liverpool fans invade the pitch after the last match of the season? No.
    Of course there are the usual small percentage of trouble makers amongst those who support Liverpool...every club has them...but, imo, blaming them for Saturday evening’s scenes is a combination of jealousy and buck passing.

P.S. Not sure what ‘aggro’ AF is referring to in his opening comment.
    The aggro is the extensive and borderline actionable bile spouted at people on social media who dare to question the Liverpool/U.K. media spin. Some nasty people out there, possibly related to forgery experts

Problem is that the Liverpool fans have been tarred with the brush now, "always involved, never our fault" and so they have made themselves easy targets for blame. I don't know anything about the incidents as didn't watch the match or pre/post match coverage, but its easy to see why Liverpool fans get the blame for everything as they are a soft target. Rightly or wrongly, I don't know - but is it just a coincidence that whenever issues like this arise, curiously it is generally at matches involving Liverpool? No smoke without a little fire?

As has been said earlier, didn't happen at their 2 Wembley finals this season. Hillsborough finger pointing was the Sun at its very worst and subsequent inquiry and court case showed Liverpool fans, if not entirely innocent, they were far from guilty. Heysel I explained earlier where, although some blame can be attached, most of it should be attached elsewhere.

Sufficient mud has been thrown over the past 37 years that sufficient has stuck. Especially Man U fans use that unjust mud to wade in verbally at every opportunity. Early 70s I had a particularly hair raising experience thanks around 30 Dirties which is the main reason I have a down on the buggers. However, I also realise that not all Dirties are 2@s and have a few of them among my friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)