+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now its decision time, will you renew or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ... And because of that many people that surround the club have tended to think small.
    Think small, and you will always be small.
    Nudger kid, it sounds like your quoting Peter Gabriel's song Big time at us lol. About people who come from a small town and think so small and use small words!. 😵

But sadly you are right, its a disappointing mentality that holds the club back. And any success we do have on the pitch tends to be for just 1 and a half or 2 seasons at the most.

@jules88 to be honest it’s not really the football I am invested in but the folk I sit with who I know renewed a long time ago. If I lose my seat now I might not get it back. I suspect I would.but that not guaranteed should Barnsley actually have a good season, I have often over the years thought Barnsley’s best seasons that I have witnessed have been in L1 where we have been more competitive.

I know it rings hollow and it might well be but if we have a stinker and things look dire end of next season …… ah well let’s see what happens but I’ll be asking the Mrs to hide my cards.

Thats what we all want to see after a relegation, the team getting confident and competitive again. And sadly we hardly ever see that now in the Champship.
    For some reason it din't really work out for Wilson the second time round. And while there was always the potential move up a gear or two, it din't even work out for him in Lg one. And I think Lg one was much poorer then in 2014-15, than it is now. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    @animal - are you a ST holder or ex ST holder ?
    YN - What really grates on me is that when ever we build anything to get behind, we sell up and have to start again, there is no concept of building on success because anything successful is gone is a flash. I'm still bitter about the Hourahane / Roberts / Mawson / Watkins and co .. team that got us promoted in 2016 then were cashed in. We followed that up with another side that the same thing happened. The new owners promised that we would be able to retain talent and grow organically. Sounded good but we know what the truth was now. I just cannot see what there is to get excited about if we find a striker that puts 6 goals in before XMAS he will be gone in January along with the manager.
    I've held an ST more than not duk but sometimes haven't always and paid on the day and picked my games .

Work commitments and money have played a part in it over the years .

Nothing stopping me getting one this coming season mind .

nothing has changed i haven't heard anything to convince me.

At the moment it is like being asked to buy something when you have no idea what it is like.

I shall judge the new Board by their actions and decide to renew or not late July.

Spectemur Agendo

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    @jules88 to be honest it’s not really the football I am invested in but the folk I sit with who I know renewed a long time ago. If I lose my seat now I might not get it back. I suspect I would.but that not guaranteed should Barnsley actually have a good season, I have often over the years thought Barnsley’s best seasons that I have witnessed have been in L1 where we have been more competitive.

I know it rings hollow and it might well be but if we have a stinker and things look dire end of next season …… ah well let’s see what happens but I’ll be asking the Mrs to hide my cards.
    I DO hope we have a great season next year, I hope your faith is rewarded massively and respect you for your renewing . I hope the wind of change happens, and you see good football, I still love the club, and will never stop, but I am not spending top money until they folk in charge show ambition. I’ve seen nowt so far to suggest there’s a hunger from the people in charge……. Last nights “Spitting image” show made me even more convinced that the board change is a scam.

Most posters on here are single ticket purchasers, nearly £700 is a lot to fork out at the moment for two of us on (as SB says) a product we suspect is dodgy.

Hope I’m proved wrong

Barnsley is a relatively poor town.
    Since last summer there has been an increase in the cost of living.
    This is going to impact season ticket sales.

One thing I do hope for is that supporters who are struggling with the cost of living are not blaming the club directors for the reason they arn’t buying a season ticket.

@Jules88 - And I respect those like yourselves who are holding out and standing their ground on principle and also those that could find more important things to spend their money on in these times. I could have done without the expense right now but if you can still class it as entertainment and get something from it, then over a year, considering the cost of beer now , its not too expensive. As you say, I bought one just for me in the Ponte End, if it was a multibuy proposition it would definitely have been different.

@YN Lets see what the final sales look like , as I said in an earlier post, we saw a boost in sales over recent years based on the promises made by the owners and the freak covid season success, those that would have come back on the promise of good times, I think it will be those who will now have hardened their stay away attitudes even further and it will take a miracle to get some of those back, even if the tides turn.

Each to their own. In the cold light of day, I am still not happy I did it but I know deep down come a sunny day in August, I would have been wondering what if, sat at home watching soccer sat or something. Ahhh its done ....

Hope this whole situation plays out as we hope, fully anticipating some PR smoke an mirrors and to feel somewhat misled down the road.

Cheers for the replies everyone. As I said about my seat proposition, its a community thing as much as a football thing
    Last edited by b1gduk; 01-06-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Barnsley is a relatively poor town.
    Since last summer there has been an increase in the cost of living.
    This is going to impact season ticket sales.

One thing I do hope for is that supporters who are struggling with the cost of living are not blaming the club directors for the reason they arn’t buying a season ticket.
    I’m blaming them for the HOLE we are in. All of it
    I’m not buying because the product is cr@p. The organisation and leadership doesn’t know if it’s Arthur or Martha and haven’t a clear vision about the way the product is going to be shaped in the future….

I’ve got the money Nudge. Not the problem. The problem is like this …. If the Butcher sells me cr@p meat, do I still buy meat from him because I’ve known him for years and years ??

Would you ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast