+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Sam gone!

Eli Sam gone!

As it says.
    The big man has left the building…

We have accepted Elisha Sam’s request to terminate his contract so he can pursue opportunities elsewhere.

The Belgian departs after two years, during which time he scored 15 goals including a very memorable effort against Oxford City in the Buildbase FA Trophy.

Sam also scored excellent goals against Halifax and Chesterfield this season and scooped February’s Vanarama National League Player of the Month.

We thank Eli for his efforts and wish him well for the future.

Sam said: “I would like to say a big thank you to the club for giving me the opportunity to experience playing in England, where I have made some incredible friends and memories.

“A big thank you to the fans, as well, for always supporting me. I hope I have repaid you with some great goals and never anything less than 100% effort.

“I wish my team-mates and the club all the best for the new season.”

Not one I expected to go. Looks like we could be facing a bit of a rebuild, hope the radar is tuned in.

Well they got their wish...... eventually.

Disappointed to see the Cult Hero go as he brings something to every game I saw but relieved to see it was the player decision. If he wants to play in another country and isn't happy here you can't stand in his way. There is nowt the club can do but wish him well.

Disappointing but I guess expected. He wants to play game regular and that wasn't happening at Notts. Shame as he was pretty good at times although that was probably why he didn't get games, inconsistency.....Which pretty much sums up last season for Notts.

Can't say I'm too disappointed tbh. Spent the majority of games floating around the periphery

So when Wootton goes our main striker will be Mitchell what a thought

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I think we win bring at least a couple of strikers in, just need the master computer to spit out a few names.

Seems maybe not:

Notts County FC
    @Official_NCFC
    ·
    7m
    We just have.

Chris Barker
    @sirbarks
    · May 31
    Replying to @Official_NCFC
    A welcome communication which will hopefully calm the supporters down.
    On to other business. WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED A 30 GOAL STRIKER????

As I said on another fred, who we replace Wooters with, will certainly show our intent. Shame about Sam, he was a favourite of mine. Best of luck to the lad.

Michael Cheek seems to be talked about alot in last few days on twitter. With a striker incoming today, maybe it's him?

Can't get my head around us doing all this business with no manager in place. On one hand, it's good we have a list ready to go and aren't relying on managers mates etc...but on the other, I'd want a bit of a say on new guys as they'll have longer contracts and will be there for the duration. Weird headspace to be in!!! Can't decide whether it's good or bad lol!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast