+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Should’ve gone for it last night, sitting in the 90’s overnight for a number 8 isn’t a good plan.
    You could be right but he was only three runs short, so I suppose it could have gone either way.

Crawley, Just f uck right off you useless prick, same shot again, doesn’t this useless excuse for a cricketer never learn
    Last edited by Bombers right foot; 02-07-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Both openers out and not 30 on the board. Nothing new there then. We stuck with Burns and Sibley and a few others for far too long now committing the same error with Crawley. Always been the case that the batsmen get lots of opportunities the bowlers may be only one.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 02-07-2022 at 12:44 PM.

119 needed to win this morning.

Pity we didn’t have another 20 overs last night as this would’ve been done and dusted.

A different scenario altogether having to face Bumrah and co from afresh this morning, what a bloody awful bowler he is to watch, the most awkward and unappealing action I’ve ever seen but devilishly difficult to play against.

Win or lose this has been a superb match and another triumph for England, this newfound ability to be undaunted in chasing 350 to 400 to win a Test is quite something.

England is a much maligned country when it comes to sport, especially by us English, but we have changed T20 and 50 over cricket under Eoin Morgan and we’ve forever changed Test cricket under McCullum and Stokes.

It’s rare for any country in any sport to re define that sport but we’ve now done it in just four matches.

Look at the crowds, the whole thing has been amazing to witness.

We will sometimes lose spectacularly but I’d rather lose today having shown no fear than the way we’ve always played in the past 150 years, prodding around trying to get a draw to help lose a series and then lose the match anyway.

The cricket template needs to be taken on board by our football and rugby teams, we need to be known for being fearless.

I hope that ridiculous run out doesn’t come back to haunt England; what was Root thinking about? Lees was going so well, too.

Less appealing, though, are the accusations of ‘racist’ attitudes in the crowd, probably sparked by the antics of some of the Indian players, Kohli and Pant in particular, and the ‘enthusiastic’ support of India by a large number of British citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I hope that ridiculous run out doesn’t come back to haunt England; what was Root thinking about? Lees was going so well, too.

Less appealing, though, are the accusations of ‘racist’ attitudes in the crowd, probably sparked by the antics of some of the Indian players, Kohli and Pant in particular, and the ‘enthusiastic’ support of India by a large number of British citizens!
    You’ll mean the England football supporting Indian supporters I presume?

I can’t stand Kholi or Suraj, a couple of horrible little blokes.

What an unbelievable run chase. England win in consummate ease getting their highest ever run chase. What a brilliant transformation from crap to brilliant in such a short space of time!!

Leave it to the Yorkshire lads😉

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Leave it to the Yorkshire lads😉
    Yes! 😎

199 0ff 20 overs. Gonna have to bat like the Test side!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)