+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trooping the Colour

The Royal family is a good thing for us, for some of you, perhaps

Army, I was a good kid back then in England. One thing I did was save. Yes, as a school kid I just to 'pop' in the Midland Bank and place my schoolboy earnings, (paper round money) and deposit it in the bank. On leaving England I took out a certain amount and left some of my savings inside, inside for a rainy day! Thirty years later? I was back in England and thought I would now take out the money I had left in the bank . The small branch in Rishton had closed and I had to go to a Midland bank in Blackburn. No problem! But yes, it was a problem. When I handed in my Bank book,( I believe you do not have them today?) They looked and looked, waltz away into some small office ,and returned with , but Mr 'X' is dead (that's me!) Of course I said ''but I am here !'' (I must explain that my father and I ,have the same name.) It seems MY MONEY had gone to Lizzy. ( may I say it again ''my hard earned Cash ,had floated away to Lizzy!) I had to confirm, that I was who I was. My brother had to write some statement etc (I hope he did not write that ''I am the ghost of ......'') That happened years ago. My brother lived in Bolton, plus the dealings to get 'MY' money evolved, acquiring a a solicitor. Today I would think back ,that if someone takes money from you ,that's stealing!!! I must have completed forms? Age, address etc, before I deposited money in the Bank. Plus if the age of my father must have been known? Oh! well, well done Lizzy! (''she take me money and run Venezuela! Harry Belafonte)
    Isn't it great I did not have millions in the Bank, maybe I would be still trying to get it back today!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Modernise” it as much as we all want, the whole malarkey of privileged inheritance helps keep this country unequal and socially immobile, weighed down by the power of birth privilege.

Who’s the we all want for a start ?

Modernised- don’t fix what isn’t broken

There has always been wealth and you couldn’t have an equal country and rule- shall we give the governing to a president or political parties ? It’s bad enough now with the politicians “running “ the country ( a joke if ever there was one )

The Royal family is a good thing for us , it’s sets us aside from all countries , we’re unique with heritage and history and traditions that others all look at and wish they had - and you my friend want to give it away - deluded !
    William himself has alluded to the notion our Royal Family "modernising". Boris showed us all what an anachronistic load of old bollox the constitution is and has shown how easily a rogue prime minister like Blow Job abuses an unwritten constitution, with an unelected and symbolic head of state obedient only to that prime minister.

I read yesterday support for the Royal Family is trickling away, 27% of the UK's population no longer support this money draining anachronism. Time they did a Dyche and evaporate with their billions, I understand Germany will take them back.

Attachment 21862

You missed the Lefty eco loons, or was it animal rights this time, who knows, who cares, trying to disrupt the jollity then Sub, what have we done to deserve this Lefty scum infecting our country ? We must be really bad people to deserve this. Fortunately no harm was done, our Royals and the marching band just ignored them, but the thousands lining the Mall gave them a sound booing.
    Last edited by sinkov; 03-06-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You missed the Lefty eco loons, or was it animal rights this time, who knows, who cares, trying to disrupt the jollity then Sub, what have we done to deserve this Lefty scum infecting our country ? We must be really bad people to deserve this. Fortunately no harm was done, our Royals and the marching band just ignored them, but the thousands lining the Mall gave them a sound booing.
    The "Firm" will just keep on dressing up anyone who is either not living in California, nor is a suspected nonce who conveniently came down with Covid. Who is this coffin dodger all dressed up like Napoleon, put there just to keep the thousands who keep on lining the Mall happy...

Attachment 21863

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Gentlemen I congratulate you - we are brilliant and the display as you say was magnificent- from all the doom and gloom we are the best nation with a royal family that sets us apart from any other country , we are the best.
    We get enough fecking practice army88. Since 2011 we've had three royal weddings and two jubilees.
    And recent polls show support for the monarchy has dropped by as much as 15% in the last two years.
    Nothing on the horizon now for perhaps another 25 years, except the succession of Charles and Princess gin swigging, ciggy smoking Camilla.
    If the lovely old lady who was born into Queendom can't sustain support for the institution, Charles and Camilla certainly won't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    What an absolutely fantastic display and those jets what flew over. Wonderful stuff.Our country putting on a great spectacle for the world to see. Well done her majesty. Hope it all carries on when she has passed away ..
    Just to keep yourself amused Alfie count the medals.

No idea what they were awarded for, but Hey ho!

Attachment 21864

Where would you be without your Royals BT, come on own up, you absolutely love them don't you. No one who didn't really care would spend so much time obsessing about them. Who's your favourite ? Is it Brenda ? Got to be. Everyone's favourite grandma. The Bonny Prince ? Not too sure, don't think you're a fanboy are you ?

I bet BT would love at this time our Festival of ''Shavu'ot'' just a holiday for the kids And we show off our tractors.
    The Jewish Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost, is also known as Harvest, Shavuot, and the Day of Firstfruits. This festivity is held as a means of thanksgiving for the bountiful harvest season. It also signifies the coming of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the Christian church.

find diesel near me

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I certainly did miss all of that. Don't know how it was dealt with, however, back in the 1980s whilst marching through the streets of London with the Central Band of the Royal Air Force a few protesters felt the force of our 6ft 3ins Drum Major and his mace when they tried to jump in front of the band. He floored two of them with one blow and a few other musicians put the boot in as they were marching past them. The crowds cheered and there was not one mention of it in the media.
    Nowadays our Drummie would probably have been arrested and the protesters received compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    The Royal family is a good thing for us, for some of you, perhaps

Army, I was a good kid back then in England. One thing I did was save. Yes, as a school kid I just to 'pop' in the Midland Bank and place my schoolboy earnings, (paper round money) and deposit it in the bank. On leaving England I took out a certain amount and left some of my savings inside, inside for a rainy day! Thirty years later? I was back in England and thought I would now take out the money I had left in the bank . The small branch in Rishton had closed and I had to go to a Midland bank in Blackburn. No problem! But yes, it was a problem. When I handed in my Bank book,( I believe you do not have them today?) They looked and looked, waltz away into some small office ,and returned with , but Mr 'X' is dead (that's me!) Of course I said ''but I am here !'' (I must explain that my father and I ,have the same name.) It seems MY MONEY had gone to Lizzy. ( may I say it again ''my hard earned Cash ,had floated away to Lizzy!) I had to confirm, that I was who I was. My brother had to write some statement etc (I hope he did not write that ''I am the ghost of ......'') That happened years ago. My brother lived in Bolton, plus the dealings to get 'MY' money evolved, acquiring a a solicitor. Today I would think back ,that if someone takes money from you ,that's stealing!!! I must have completed forms? Age, address etc, before I deposited money in the Bank. Plus if the age of my father must have been known? Oh! well, well done Lizzy! (''she take me money and run Venezuela! Harry Belafonte)
    Isn't it great I did not have millions in the Bank, maybe I would be still trying to get it back today!
    That's disgraceful.I joined Midland Bank at age 16 and worked for them and their successor HSBC until I retired.In 1971 I was heavily involved in decimalisation and one of the things I did was to convert all the "Unclaimed Balances" into decimal.They were manual records
    that went back years and the total amount was held in an account named "Unclaimed Balances". What the hell happened when everything
    was computerised I do not know and I can imagine current untrained staff would not have a clue.I trust that you did get your money back PLUS interest and at absolutely no cost to yourself.

I would certainly submit,by letter,a full complaint - it really isn't good enough and I know from the Pensioners magazine which I get what retired staff think of the "Non" service that applies today.I have recently had written complaints to both HSBC & Nat West accepted.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)