+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trooping the Colour

I would imagine BT is all talk ..Just summising, but I'm sure if he had been offered a knighthood he would have snapped their hands off.
    Talk about two faced.. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I certainly did miss all of that. Don't know how it was dealt with, however, back in the 1980s whilst marching through the streets of London with the Central Band of the Royal Air Force a few protesters felt the force of our 6ft 3ins Drum Major and his mace when they tried to jump in front of the band. He floored two of them with one blow and a few other musicians put the boot in as they were marching past them. The crowds cheered and there was not one mention of it in the media.
    Nowadays our Drummie would probably have been arrested and the protesters received compensation.
    I would hope your shiny toe cap made solid contact as well Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I would imagine BT is all talk ..Just summising, but I'm sure if he had been offered a knighthood he would have snapped their hands off.
    Talk about two faced.. ��
    That's an awful lot of supposition Alfie.

It's hard not to admire a 95 year old woman who has held her $hit together for nigh on 70 years.

Believe me when I tell you this, if she was in our back garden she'd be offered a cuppa, no bowing or curtseying and as for a medal - don't even go there!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Where would you be without your Royals BT, come on own up, you absolutely love them don't you. No one who didn't really care would spend so much time obsessing about them. Who's your favourite ? Is it Brenda ? Got to be. Everyone's favourite grandma. The Bonny Prince ? Not too sure, don't think you're a fanboy are you ?
    This is perhaps the trick of royalty in its most successful form sinkov. You don’t have to like it, but you can't ignore it, nor the forces behind it. I'm just constantly amazed that thousands of people spend their time and good money lining the Mall to cheer and wave people who would not give them the time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Missed it this year Alfie, but you're right, it's a magnificent spectacle, makes you proud of our country.
    Our domestic finances and quality of life are being squeezed tight from just about every angle sinkov; food banks are running out of supplies, home fuel costs have risen by 50% in the last six months, petrol is becoming almost unaffordable, but just keep calm and wave your little flag and grovel.

Lose yourself in the pomp, the glorious spectacle, enjoy watching the lavishing of our public money on celebrating a figurehead whose birth guaranteed her the absolute best of everything.

Hereditary roles and titles can have no place in contemporary Britain, aristocracy makes a mockery of meritocracy, you know the one, achievement by virtue of merit and hard work, not because you were born with a silver spoon stuck up your arse.

I have to thank BT for his coverage of events, I have seen more of the whole event through his posts than I have witnessed myself.
    I watched the Test Match and am very thankful that England's batting performances do not affect my performance.
    Keep the Royal news coming BT, it helps me to catch up on things. Thanks once again.
    Just to keep you informed while England lose another Test Match Supersub6, yesterday I asked who this Coffin Dodger is...

Attachment 21868

Turns out he's the Duke of Kent, and him and the Queen are related in two ways.

Not only are their fathers brothers, which makes the duke and the Queen first cousins, the royal relatives are also related through Prince Edward’s mother, Princess Marina.

Marina, who held the title of Princess of Greece and Denmark before taking on the title of Duchess of Kent at marriage, was the late Duke of Edinburgh’s first cousin, which makes him cousins with Prince Philip too.

The duke is both a second cousin and first cousin once removed to future king Prince Charles.

Your mum's your dad ain't in it!

For the Royalists amongst you a quick question, why is Brenda dressed like my old nan's Wedgewood teapot?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This is perhaps the trick of royalty in its most successful form sinkov. You don’t have to like it, but you can't ignore it, nor the forces behind it. I'm just constantly amazed that thousands of people spend their time and good money lining the Mall to cheer and wave people who would not give them the time of day.
    But they will give you the time of day mon ami, very affable they are. The Bonny Prince spent all morning talking to the good folk of Clitheroe who had turned up in their thousands to greet him. I could have spoken to him, but I hadn't got a cap to doff, so I chose not to. I don't think Mr Corbyn would have drswn the crowds Charlie did.
    The vast majority of the population love them, perhaps it's the sense of history, they are a connection to our glorious past, even if the link is tenuous, it's the best we've got.

Just to keep you informed while England lose another Test Match Supersub6, yesterday I asked who this Coffin Dodger is...

Attachment 21868

Not only are their fathers brothers, which makes the duke and the Queen first cousins, the royal relatives are also related through Prince Edward’s mother, Princess Marina.

Marina, who held the title of Princess of Greece and Denmark before taking on the title of Duchess of Kent at marriage, was the late Duke of Edinburgh’s first cousin, which makes him cousins with Prince Philip too.

The duke is both a second cousin and first cousin once removed to future king Prince Charles.

For the Royalists amongst you a quick question, why is Brenda dressed like my old nan's Wedgewood teapot?
    You know your Royals BT, I'll give you that, I doubt anyone else on here has a fraction of the interest in them that you have. Our very own Royal Correspondent, the Nicholas Witchell of the MessageBoards.

Keep up the good work, there may be a gong in it for you yet.

Attachment 21868

Thank you BT for educating the educated. I met the Duke of Kent several times during his military career whilst playing at many Royal functions, therefore, I was able to identify him from your photograph.

Having played at many social functions, Royal, political, hoi polloi etc., I can honestly say that there are good and bad in all of these, however, if you think that there will never be an 'us' and 'them' I am afraid that you will be disappointed.
    It doesn't matter whether they are Royal, Political Leaders, Presidents, Heads of Industry etc., etc. --because of their wealth they live on a different planet to we mortals and I am not just talking about this country. It is a worldwide phenomenon.

My neighbour, who has just turned 70 has been doing deliveries for the local foodbank, however, he has just packed it in because he is fed up of delivering to families who answer the door, disappear inside and expect him to take stuff into their house where everyone is on their mobile phone whilst watching their 65 inch television.

Thank you BT for educating the educated. I met the Duke of Kent several times during his military career whilst playing at many Royal functions, therefore, I was able to identify him from your photograph.

Having played at many social functions, Royal, political, hoi polloi etc., I can honestly say that there are good and bad in all of these, however, if you think that there will never be an 'us' and 'them' I am afraid that you will be disappointed.
    It doesn't matter whether they are Royal, Political Leaders, Presidents, Heads of Industry etc., etc. --because of their wealth they live on a different planet to we mortals and I am not just talking about this country. It is a worldwide phenomenon.

My neighbour, who has just turned 70 has been doing deliveries for the local foodbank, however, he has just packed it in because he is fed up of delivering to families who answer the door, disappear inside and expect him to take stuff into their house where everyone is on their mobile phone whilst watching their 65 inch television.
    We republicans may have to suffer the pageantry and jingoism of this extended weekend Supersub6, but hopefully our grandchildren won’t have to as the support for these hangers-on gradually diminishes.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)