+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trooping the Colour

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We republicans may have to suffer the pageantry and jingoism of this extended weekend Supersub6, but hopefully our grandchildren won’t have to as the support for these hangers-on gradually diminishes.
    Definitely a certain Mister Blair will put themselves forward as our first President ---whether it be himself or his millionaire son. They would not miss that opportunity, that's for sure!
    Whenever and whoever ends up doing whatever, you can guarantee that they won't be living in a council house in Slough, particularly with all the palaces that would become available.
    It will be a change for our grandchildren to moan on about a President spending money like it has gone out of fashion.

That's an awful lot of supposition Alfie.

It's hard not to admire a 95 year old woman who has held her $hit together for nigh on 70 years.

Believe me when I tell you this, if she was in our back garden she'd be offered a cuppa, no bowing or curtseying and as for a medal - don't even go there!
    Her royal Highness is 96 BT.not 95.👍🤔😁

Sooooo proud to be British..Some great celebrations for the Queen so far with more to come. Wonderful atmosphere all over Britain. Brenda "WE LOVE YOU" and all you stand for..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sooooo proud to be British..Some great celebrations for the Queen so far with more to come. Wonderful atmosphere all over Britain. Brenda "WE LOVE YOU" and all you stand for..
    We have had three BBQ's so far, every single one has ended up with every adult pi$$ed. Last one today, I'm not sure my liver will hold up!

The last republican standing! The general consensus among conversations (and arguments!) is that when Brenda passes it should all be toned down.

Not one single person from about thirty adults wants the baton passed to Charles...

Attachment 21871

Staying with some friends a couple of miles down the road from Gatcombe, my friend's daughter went to the same local school in Stroud as Zara, she's now a hairdresser, she does Zara's hair occasionally. Zara's wedding dress was made and purchased locally, Mike coaches the youngsters at the local RU club, Minchinhampton.

The impression I get is of a couple well liked and respected locally, no one bats an eyelid if they see them out and about, they're just a part of the local scene like everyone else. I don't hear anything like the bile filled, mean-spirited diatribes we are so used to from you BT.

Bitter and Twisted is our BT Sinky..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Bitter and Twisted is our BT Sinky..
    He's a Lefty Alfie, goes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Staying with some friends a couple of miles down the road from Gatcombe, my friend's daughter went to the same local school in Stroud as Zara, she's now a hairdresser, she does Zara's hair occasionally. Zara's wedding dress was made and purchased locally, Mike coaches the youngsters at the local RU club, Minchinhampton.

The impression I get is of a couple well liked and respected locally, no one bats an eyelid if they see them out and about, they're just a part of the local scene like everyone else. I don't hear anything like the bile filled, mean-spirited diatribes we are so used to from you BT.
    Probably because they have not had to spend £15 million to prevent a very serious lawsuit and they refuse to dress up like a pair of serial nonces eh Sinkov?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...882bffa03d2bf6

Attachment 21913

Good lass Zara, likes her Rugby and the gee-gees. I can probably get her autograph for you, if you want.

Our domestic finances and quality of life are being squeezed tight from just about every angle sinkov; food banks are running out of supplies, home fuel costs have risen by 50% in the last six months, petrol is becoming almost unaffordable, but just keep calm and wave your little flag and grovel.

Lose yourself in the pomp, the glorious spectacle, enjoy watching the lavishing of our public money on celebrating a figurehead whose birth guaranteed her the absolute best of everything.

Hereditary roles and titles can have no place in contemporary Britain, aristocracy makes a mockery of meritocracy, you know the one, achievement by virtue of merit and hard work, not because you were born with a silver spoon stuck up your arse.
    Hey - good luck with convincing everyone with that BT - I bet the politicians will love you for that , I mean there hard work and merit and is blatantly apparent to all of us and some of them wouldn’t know what hard work was would they ?

As for the genuine folk who work hard and prosper what will you do with them pat them on the back and congratulate them on working harder / better / longer than others for exactly the same amount as the next man , how will anyone elevate to a better life - living etc

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)