+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley vs The Fish

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't know anything about Solihull''s squad or their owner, so is it possible they've spent a fair amount on a small number of targets specifically but haven't generally spent more than anybody else in the top third?
    If they have spent big and their chairman is loaded, why has he waited until this season? Their previous final positions would suggest they haven't been spending big.
    They’ve spent big every year for the last few, same as Boreham Wood, but it hasn’t translated into a good finish every year, also like Boreham Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    They’ve spent big every year for the last few, same as Boreham Wood, but it hasn’t translated into a good finish every year, also like Boreham Wood.
    18th last season after 27 games (and still as low as 14th after game 37) after spending big.
    That must take some doing at this level with an expensive squad. Must be largely down to Ardley then, that they are now right up there, his ability to bring all of these expensive signings together and getting them to play as a team. He must have learned everything not to do in that 2018/19 season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    18th last season after 27 games (and still as low as 14th after game 37) after spending big.
    That must take some doing at this level with an expensive squad. Must be largely down to Ardley then, that they are now right up there, his ability to bring all of these expensive signings together and getting them to play as a team. He must have learned everything not to do in that 2018/19 season.
    Not really, be at least one with a big budget who struggles every year. Southend this year’s example, expect their budget to be around the same as ours and they looked like getting relegated at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not really, be at least one with a big budget who struggles every year. Southend this year’s example, expect their budget to be around the same as ours and they looked like getting relegated at one point.
    I'm not sure Southend, apparently still under a transfer embargo this season, is a particularly good example.

December 2021
    Southend United fans will unite in march against owner

""Over the past five years Ron Martin has made poor decision after poor decision whilst in control of the day to day running of the football club which has led to shocking signings, managers who should never of got the chance to work at our club, transfer embargoes and worst of all dropping out the Football League for our first time in history."

But yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they got their act together again much quicker than Notts and were finishing above us again in the next couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We need the Fish to go up, 1 less decent side for next season, and to get rid of their moronic fans
    My head agrees with this, but in my heart today I'll be supporting Solihull because I think Ardley's a thoroughly decent bloke and it's nice to see good guys succeed. He's clearly done an excellent job there and the league table suggests they deserve to be ahead of Grimsby in the queue to go up. I obviously wouldn't be saying that if it was Solihull v Notts County, but is isn't so I am!

The best managers in the league appear to have come to the top. Challinor at Stockport and Ardley at Solihull and Paul Hirst at Grimsby
    All the best to NA and his team for today

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    My head agrees with this, but in my heart today I'll be supporting Solihull because I think Ardley's a thoroughly decent bloke and it's nice to see good guys succeed. He's clearly done an excellent job there and the league table suggests they deserve to be ahead of Grimsby in the queue to go up. I obviously wouldn't be saying that if it was Solihull v Notts County, but is isn't so I am!
    To be fair I want Ardley to win too.

Can't be bothered to watch it, but have just switched Radio Humberside on. Commentator sounds pretty amateurish compared to our Charlie.

Good to see that he hasn’t done what he did in 2020 and start a past it, over the hill central defender in a playoff final.

Not a great game so far

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast