+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U21s at Belgium this afternoon

U21s at Belgium this afternoon

I saw the reverse leg of this at Tannadice in November but wish I hadn't. Cos Belgium was much, much better than us, it was 0-2 going on 0-5. They were sharper, fitter, more athletic & even their couple of wee lads in the Scottish mould were bigger than our wee lads. I came away a wee bit depressed. It was similar to the gap in quality we saw at Hampden on Wednesday only in November it was more of a gulf, we were chasing shadows. So where is Scottish football going wrong? Are there too many part-time teams? I'm not talking about the Lichties, what I'm saying is we don't train hard enough, a 15-hour week is not full-time. All about our culture I guess...

Anyway it's live on BBC TV Scotland from 2.45 for a 3pm kick-off & there are five boys from Tannadice Street in the squad.

0-0 Graham and Freeman played the 90

Scotland were unlucky. Better team in first half. Fought well in 2nd half. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Scotland were unlucky. Better team in first half. Fought well in 2nd half. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Didn't see it but when we sold Kerr Smith I was convinced we'd kept the better CB at the club. Graham has been a revelation and I'm sure he and Freeman are going to attract scouts this coming season.

I know Kieran isn't everyone's cup of tea but he brings energy, athleticism, pace and tenacity along with an attacking threat.

Well done to all the lads who made the squad. .

Graham and Freeman both did well against a very good Belgium side. Best player for us was Aberdeens Connor Barron, certainly first 70 odd minutes that i watched.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I saw the reverse leg of this at Tannadice in November but wish I hadn't. Cos Belgium was much, much better than us, it was 0-2 going on 0-5. They were sharper, fitter, more athletic & even their couple of wee lads in the Scottish mould were bigger than our wee lads. I came away a wee bit depressed. It was similar to the gap in quality we saw at Hampden on Wednesday only in November it was more of a gulf, we were chasing shadows. So where is Scottish football going wrong? Are there too many part-time teams? I'm not talking about the Lichties, what I'm saying is we don't train hard enough, a 15-hour week is not full-time. All about our culture I guess...

Anyway it's live on BBC TV Scotland from 2.45 for a 3pm kick-off & there are five boys from Tannadice Street in the squad.
    An interesting post mate. I'm not sure that Scottish football is going wrong, it's quite a sweeping statement to say that. Certainly the SFA is rotten but turkeys don't vote for Christmas, not sure what the mechanism is to throw them out. But there are some very good players coming through - Hickey, Patterson, Gilmour, Tierney Robertson, several others too.

I do think Scotland is producing some good players. I don't think we should look at the Ukraine result in isolation.
    We should look at Clarke, who has done well overall but underachieved with the players available to him. The negative approach in the Euros was hard to watch and the team selection v Ukraine was bizarre.
    A rookie left back at right back, a CM at CB - again - when we know it doesn't work against good teams. Omitting Christie while gambling on two strikers. I could go on.

Imo what we're not producing is good managers. And strikers..

Graham and Freeman again play the full 90 this time in Denmark FT 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Graham and Freeman again play the full 90 this time in Denmark FT 1-1
    watched the game, horrific stuff

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    watched the game, horrific stuff
    Same. Was absolutely dreadful stuff. We really need start producing some good forward players. I also highly doubt that is the best team we could have put out there. Im absolutely sick to death of this 3 at the back too.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Same. Was absolutely dreadful stuff. We really need start producing some good forward players. I also highly doubt that is the best team we could have put out there. Im absolutely sick to death of this 3 at the back too.
    couldnt agree more mate, it was a dead rubber and he was still playing players that were leaving the age group and leaving younger players on the bench.

Agree in 3/5 at the back such a **** way to play football, maybe makes you hard to beat but its anti-football

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)