+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What trophy would you like to win first?

What trophy would you like to win first?

Obviously nothing is a given but with ambitious new owners, Eddie, some great new players signed in Jan and a new Director of Football in place you'd think we're much more likely to get some silverware in the next 3-5 years, maybe sooner if things go well and we over-achieve.

For me i'd like to see us win the FA Cup first. It was a lot more special when i was a kid than it is today but if i had to choose a first trophy it would be that one and build up to bigger ones. But yeh, i'd be well happy to see the FA Cup being paraded around the Toon!

Any bloody thing!!!

I'm 50 Yr old and all I have witnessed is 3 second division titles (2 as a result of the year before being such a dismal failure) and an intertoto fecking certificate.

I still believe had we held on in 96 to win the league or even managed to turn up for the charity shield that year, we would.not have looked back.

I would take absolutely ANYTHING as a 1st major trophy.

In my time watching the toon I've seen Norwich, Oxford United, Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Swansea, Boro, Coventry, Wimbledon, Birmingham, Sheffield Wed even Luton Town amongst others, all winning major trophies.

So, I'd accept ANYTHING

I guess the obvious answer would be 'any'.

I know I won't be the only one who'll have imagined the exact moment the final whistle blows on a final that we've won and gone a bit misty-eyed at the prospect. I'll be an absolute wreck if it ever happens.

Here's a scenario.....we win the Champions League first which PSG and Man City have spent an absolute fortune trying to win

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Any bloody thing!!!

What a great thread
    This time last year I was just hoping we stay in the prem and now I still can’t believe this and think that someone is going to take it away
    I can remember listening to us winning the FAIRS CUP was at a scout camp and we all went to the local farm in North Yorkshire
    Sorry got carried away FA cup so hopefully I can be their

FA Cup,I was very young when we won 3 in 5 years and have been to Wembley in our last two losing finals.

FA Cup.

But surely the Crapabao Cup is more practical to target.

i'd settle for any plus a run in europe - those european trips are just something else!!

2nd place in a beauty contest, Or any of the cups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)