+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broaden Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    The tinpot league he won, he couldn't last at RB Leipzig in a good league.

Look hope they prove good but I just ain't sure about it, and in all honesty like most stuff its probably a lot of cheap paper talk trying to make articles. Minamino to me would signal that we've got no strategy other than hope for some of Marschs old tinpot league players, he's looked poor the entire time he's been in the PL
    On the main thrust of your post I agree, we will have to see how Aaronson and Kristensen perform in a real league, but on Minaminho, not so sure. Klopp rates him even though he hasn't been given much PL time, but with a squad like he has available, is that surprising? He's had 11 appearances, not all starts, and yet put 3 in the net. Not a bad return (compared to Rodrigo with 6 in 31 with many being full matches, or James with 4 from 34). Of the three (2 confirmed, one rumoured) I'd take Minaminho over the others.

Any manager who can only sign players they previously had is a donkey to me.

Need to get a range not just what we can from RB and hope they suddenly all turn into PL quality players after most of their career in the tinpot leagues
    Howard Wilkinson did the same as have many other managers so its no real surprise he has gone down the tried and tested route.

Board are backing Marsch - it either goes ok or it goes tits up!
    Last edited by Rev72; 08-06-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Howard Wilkinson did the same as have many other managers so its no real surprise he has gone down the tried and tested route.

Board are backing Marsch - it either goes ok or it goes tits up!
    He may know a bit about Kristensen, but he was only at Salzburg for 4 months with Aaronson (and we've been "interested" in him since last summer). I just don't see Marsch having input to these two incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    He may know a bit about Kristensen, but he was only at Salzburg for 4 months with Aaronson (and we've been "interested" in him since last summer). I just don't see Marsch having input to these two incoming.
    Thought you couldn't be arsed? Akin to me not wanting to win lotto! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Thought you couldn't be arsed? Akin to me not wanting to win lotto! 😃
    Don't mind commenting on what others see fit to post, it's all about exchange of opinions, but genuinely can't be arsed to comment about rumours of who we are or aren't "interested" in. Made many comments criticising what the club was about to do, called a great many names as a result, proved right in most, wrong in some, can't be arsed to do it all again.

Any manager who can only sign players they previously had is a donkey to me.

Need to get a range not just what we can from RB and hope they suddenly all turn into PL quality players after most of their career in the tinpot leagues
    well we don’t know yet that he is only going to sign players he knows.... tho it would seem the most logical place to start

Logical has now been mentioned twice in recent posts on here.
    What the fks goin on?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    well we don’t know yet that he is only going to sign players he knows.... tho it would seem the most logical place to start
    Errrrr, why (the most logical)? Surely the most logical is the best we can get for the positions where we are weakest at the most we can afford, no matter where they come from or who has coached them before? Maybe not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)