+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest Jackanory-like reports in the press and elsewhere.

Latest Jackanory-like reports in the press and elsewhere.

Quite a few non-stories doing the rounds today. In no particular order, I've seen....

The deal has collapsed

The deal hasn't collapsed. It's just that the money transfer is taking longer because the police are checking whether it legit money and not fraudulently obtained funds

April and May wages haven't been paid

Oh yes they have, just not by CK or DCFC. By someone very close to the club who might not be so close in the very near future.

Rosenior wanted to take over as Manager at Blackpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Quite a few non-stories doing the rounds today. In no particular order, I've seen....

The deal has collapsed

The deal hasn't collapsed. It's just that the money transfer is taking longer because the police are checking whether it legit money and not fraudulently obtained funds

April and May wages haven't been paid

Oh yes they have, just not by CK or DCFC. By someone very close to the club who might not be so close in the very near future.

Rosenior wanted to take over as Manager at Blackpool FC
    I was puzzled by the statement that Kirchner isn't funding the club, I was under the impression that on exchange of contracts he was due to pay a non returnable sum of £5 million to cover costs until he completed the purchase.

Pretty standard stuff, so if the administrators have allowed him to exchange and not pay the deposit, that sounds like gross negligence.

The only actual evidence that something may be amiss, is that the guy has gone silent, was playing in a pro am golf tournament today and when asked about the deal had nothing to say, which is somewhat at odds with his usual style of communication.

Whilst I've found the guy odd, and harboured doubts, especially after his non bid for Preston, which when it came to the crunch, failed because no funds were paid. He was the only game in town as far as we know, now no funds are bein gpaid, I fear this guy is a fraud, but we shall see, next 24 hrs seals it I reckon.

If he does succeed he'll do a Glazer. If he does not, he might be just doing all of this to secure funding for himself or his business.
    What a joke about bank holidays and now that's it's over, another new delay. I foresee years of misery if he takes over. Ashley may not be popular but he didn't bankrupt Newcastle or left them worse off when he first came.

I didn't like the reporter chasing him on the golf course demanding an update, let the guy have a couple of hours to de-stress, I imagine this has been a 24/7 nightmare, and we all need a way to collect ourselves so that we can perform at our best.
    I'm of the opinion (and hope) that this is just snagging, and so everyone is keeping quiet until it finalised... if not, Appleby I would expect to be next in line.

So the money cleared but didnt

Jesus wept its time the fans stepped in and put a stop to this its utterly unbelivable

These media lot need a dressing dowm as well

Alan Nixon telling fans to sod off is utterly disgusting

Just how do fans step in and put a stop to it? Do we tell Plod to release the funds. Do we tell Quantuma, who happen to be Officers of the Court in this insolvency case, to step down but I think the Court might not like that to happen as that is their job not ours. Do we ask CK to send another £20M or however much it is that Plod's investigating, but this time from a known and legitimate source that won't get flagged?

Two questions for you DCFCA

1. what do expect fans to do to put "a stop to it"?

2. Will you provide a source for where Alan Nixon told fans to sod off?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)