+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Bowyer

Gary Bowyer

I’m happy with this, no one of the usual suspects, time for club and fans to get together and back the team

No guarantee when picking a manager no matter who you are or who you pick but Gary Bowyer is the chosen one and I wish him all the very best. Still haven’t renewed my season ticket partly because nothing has changed with reference to the well documented and discussed issues most of our supporters have re the running of the club. Extend the Early Bird period and make some sort of significant concession to the fans groups calling for improvement in that field and I’m sure quite few would sign up. We’ve been going round in circles for years with a stand off that benefits no one - let’s get it sorted because if we don’t it just the latest phase of it’s all about the new manager when we all know there is more to running a club than that.

Happy enough with this , certainly happier than I would’ve been had Maloney got the job , hopefully get the squad fitter than they have been for long time

Happy with this. Him and his pal is what we need to give us a hope of breaking out of our cycle of same old same old. Wonder if Dave McKay will be moving on?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Happy with this. Him and his pal is what we need to give us a hope of breaking out of our cycle of same old same old. Wonder if Dave McKay will be moving on?
    Mckay staying according to the BBC. Early bird now extended till end of June I think.

Dialogue with fans might take a bit longer.

Hopefully the new manager does well and some of the fans concerns are alleviated, even better would be if he did well and JN used a returning feel good factor to start talking.....

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    No guarantee when picking a manager no matter who you are or who you pick but Gary Bowyer is the chosen one and I wish him all the very best. Still haven’t renewed my season ticket partly because nothing has changed with reference to the well documented and discussed issues most of our supporters have re the running of the club. Extend the Early Bird period and make some sort of significant concession to the fans groups calling for improvement in that field and I’m sure quite few would sign up. We’ve been going round in circles for years with a stand off that benefits no one - let’s get it sorted because if we don’t it just the latest phase of it’s all about the new manager when we all know there is more to running a club than that.
    totally agree Scott, happy that we now have a manager, but i also have not renewed my season ticket.
    we need more transparency from those that run Dundee FC, for too long, we have been kept in the dark.
    the so called new stadium is an example, since the land was bought, no planning application applied for, no updates other than a few pictures, so most supporters dont think its going to happen and meanwhile DENS stadium is crumbling..
    Its them and us between the fans and the board, NELMS wont even acknowledge D4LIFE.
    One good piece of news, the season ticket window has been extended, a few signings, might make a difference there.
    like you said,we are still going round in circles.

We’ve been going round in circles since day one and stopped at various intervals to get rid of one manager then applaud the next. At no point has that changed the fact that people are genuinely concerned about how the club is being run. Todays appointment and extension to the Loyalty Period for renewal are good moves. If JN publicly invites one in from each of the D4L,DSA and OLG and gives them a hearing I’m a happy bunny. If for any reason they choose not to go I don’t care, it would be a positive statement of intent to at least listen and consider some of the points that we have all been discussing for so long it has become boring.
    This isn’t just about getting the money in, it should also be about stemming the flow that comes from the feeling of apathy and dissatisfaction over a long period of time. There are people I believe who feel the only way they can let the BOD know they are unhappy is by withholding money they have to renew their season tickets. For many that is not easy and a difficult decision to make. Send out the invites, make it public and as far as I am concerned we have turned a corner.
    Last edited by scottg; 08-06-2022 at 09:03 PM.

I’ve maybe missed it, but what’s the length of his contract

It’s the usual one year rolling contract that Nelms likes to dish out J

There was a copy of the minute of a recent meeting sent to Dee4Life members sent out. not sure if it would help if the contents were posted on here? Looking good for the fan groups speaking to one another. Hopes that the club will also be more involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)