+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager if Tam goes …

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    This is very odd. If a club approach United for permission to speak to our manager you would expect that the interested club is informed about the required release fee first. Not afterwards.
    Football's a funny old game.

Whoever it is, if any we have to go back to the good old days of Mr McLean where a person was signed on a performance basis for a multi year period meaning any poaching teams would have to really pay our seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    This is very odd. If a club approach United for permission to speak to our manager you would expect that the interested club is informed about the required release fee first. Not afterwards.
    It was probably Hearts who told them that you get Dundee United stuff FOC.They also asked the Croats if they fancied a friendly at Fleetwood.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Whoever it is, if any we have to go back to the good old days of Mr McLean where a person was signed on a performance basis for a multi year period meaning any poaching teams would have to really pay our seriously.
    We shouldn't be dishing out multi year contracts to any new manager. Two years max imo. Far too often in the past have we been stung by giving out three year contracts. Paatelainen, McKinnon and McNamara spring to mind straight away. We must've paid out around half a million in compensation to get rid of them all.

Courts likely to move now somewhere else in the summer is expect - made it known he wants to leave.

I was actually not too bothered about him going, happy if we could have had Jack Ross instead 😂

The Croats obviously not that keen if they could not pay the compo

It’s all been pretty disruptive after the disappointment of what has happened with Lewis Neilson

I have a strong feeling an English club will come in for Courts next

Hope he stays, there is no doubt he will move on but seems way too soon, want him to build something here first

The vibes around TC leaving would appear to be dampening somewhat thank phuck. We absolutely need stability in the immediate term and a third manager in two years was the last thing we needed particularly off the back of a season where progress has been made (even if we can argue the toss about the quality involved in getting there). Coming off the back of Lewis Neilson being wooed by the Bride Of Chucky, TC leaving on top off that would have started sending out horrendous signals.

Therefore, can we now get back to using the hard earned longer pre season now to get this show back on the road? Harkes re-signing is a good piece of business and a fully fit Peter Pawlett returning will bolster the squad. But having lost Lewis Neilson, do we now need another CB? Charlie Mulgrew will be less likely you would think to be able to play week on week particularly where there’s midweek fixtures ongoing. And obviously you can add to that a replacement keeper (either a back up to the Finnish guy or an out and out number one), THREE midfield players (let’s face it Levitt will not be returning, Butcher will not play again and we’ve really yet still not replaced Jeando), plus a couple of forwards, minimum.

With the extra time we’ve got before pre season training, we really need these guys in before that. Integrating them from the word go is surely going to be more beneficial for the season ahead than a couple of last minute buys on the 31st August by which time we’ll be four or five games into the league season already.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Courts likely to move now somewhere else in the summer is expect - made it known he wants to leave.

I was actually not too bothered about him going, happy if we could have had Jack Ross instead 😂

The Croats obviously not that keen if they could not pay the compo

It’s all been pretty disruptive after the disappointment of what has happened with Lewis Neilson

I have a strong feeling an English club will come in for Courts next
    I'm not sure he wants to leave. I know for a fact he likes it at Utd, albeit didn't enjoy the fans reaction to his appointment, but he certainly enjoys working for the club. He'd be stupid not to listen to what other clubs have to offer however, especially something as interesting as Rijeka. He'll move on eventually I'm sure, but he's still a bit of a risk to anyone employing him imo, so I'd be surprised if anyone else came in for him over the summer. Get off to a good start next season and beyond and then I think he'll most definitely be on the radar of a few more clubs.

He might fancy staying at Utd for a few more years until the hearts job becomes available.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)