+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager if Tam goes …

I hear Gary Bowyer is now no longer available for us as he has been snapped up by a sleeping Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Bowyer record is patchy at best and he doesn’t even turn down the funsters

I have heard Mark McGhee is now available though …..
    So is Deewok...

FFS! Are we gonna have to sit through the managerial merry go round every fecking closed season! Had hoped there was something to build on, but just like the last 2 summers, the rug is disappearing fast.

If we need a new manager, Jack Ross is an obvious candidate, but Billy Dodds is maybe an outside bet. However, there was so much mention of the conveyor belt of talent with TCs appointment, included developing our own head coaches, i think Liam Fox is next with Mulgrew as his no 2. Then consideration must be given to Kelty Hearts having released a manager because he wanted something bigger and better! 2 huge negatives for me if we went down that route!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    whoever it is needs to agree to work under Tony and wont have full control, thats going to be a tricky one IMO
    That’ll be the real stumbling block on whoever we get, if Tam does go as I’m not convinced.

We need to act quickly to get the next manager in.

I was not so impressed with Dodds at ICT - they had a very bad run until Logan Chalmers arrival brought an upturn. They really struggled against Arbroath in play offs and the football they are playing seem pretty dire

They were totally found out against the Farmers in the play off final

Liam Fox I am not sure about as a number one

As said before it has to be Jack Ross if we can get him

On the plus side we have some money to spend. Downside will he want to work in our structure

I do not see what bigger club he has in mind given his last job was at Hibs and we are now in Europe

Rare to get 40% or more as win record and his win record is really impressive (pasted below from Wiki) - winning almost 50% of his matches

Managerial record by team and tenure
    Team From To Record
    G W D L Win %
    Alloa Athletic 15 December 2015 8 October 2016 34 13 8 13 38.24
    St Mirren 8 October 2016 25 May 2018 80 42 13 25 52.50
    Sunderland 25 May 2018 8 October 2019 75 38 27 10 50.67
    Hibernian 15 November 2019 9 December 2021 96 47 20 29 48.96

Total 285 140 68 77 49.12

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    That’ll be the real stumbling block on whoever we get, if Tam does go as I’m not convinced.
    Will it though? It's the model for a lot of football clubs these days. The dinosaurs of today might not want to work that way but your up & coming, young hungry managers probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Will it though? It's the model for a lot of football clubs these days. The dinosaurs of today might not want to work that way but your up & coming, young hungry managers probably will.
    100% this. Its been common now for 15-20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly right, it's just the way it is these days.

Staying according to the S*n

Didnt want to pay compo

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Staying according to the S*n

Didnt want to pay compo
    This is very odd. If a club approach United for permission to speak to our manager you would expect that the interested club is informed about the required release fee first. Not afterwards.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)