+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money over morals

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Moving on from the knee thing, another divisive issue is the new golf championship, lavishly funded by the Saudi govt. personally, the pros who are going for top dollar Ihave no problem with, their ‘excuses’ for doing so and avoidance of the human rights issues are a bit sickening. Views anyone? And, how would you feel if Saudi money saved The Rams?
    The Saudi family also owns Sheff Utd. Why is there a problem? It's more sickening to see Lewis Hamilton openly condemn the Saudis but still take part. All words only. Sports and politics do mix yes but must be kept apart as far as possible.
    Anthony Joshua fought there, the Saudi football team and clubs travel, people go there to play. So what?
    What about sleeping with Putin all these years but only now crying father mother? Where were they when Crimeas was annexed? Didn't see that coming? Didn't see this war coming. Hypocrites all

Its the trouble of having to overlook human rights issues in OPEC countries - we have to turn a blind eye to moral issues when they have something we want -eg Saudi and Qatar when it comes to sports involvement. Same with Germany and Russia over gas supplies. I'm sure there are many more examples across the last 30 years, almost all related to black gold - which has blinded people's moral compass.

Dont get me started on Hamilton = preening prima donna that he is. Perfectly happy to take blood money and then promote his snowflake agenda. Utter hypocrite who has lost any support he used to have from me. And isn't it amazing how when he was winning things, it was all about him, whilst now he cant even beat his team mate, its all about the car

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Its the trouble of having to overlook human rights issues in OPEC countries - we have to turn a blind eye to moral issues when they have something we want -eg Saudi and Qatar when it comes to sports involvement. Same with Germany and Russia over gas supplies. I'm sure there are many more examples across the last 30 years, almost all related to black gold - which has blinded people's moral compass.

Dont get me started on Hamilton = preening prima donna that he is. Perfectly happy to take blood money and then promote his snowflake agenda. Utter hypocrite who has lost any support he used to have from me. And isn't it amazing how when he was winning things, it was all about him, whilst now he cant even beat his team mate, its all about the car
    No disagreeing here. But I think is also very big of UK and US to talk about all these things about other countries especially Middle East when they have just the same problems at home. Racism, stereo typing, violence, bad treatment of minorities. I know Britain now is lesser, but they want to lecture the whole world now, but forget what they did as colonials not so long ago.

Look ok this is about Qatar World Cup. But whether there is a WC in Qatar, this kind of issues will always come out. But people must accept too that things have improved. Why they keep harping on Saudi sports washing? How many events have been in Saudi even before? It's always about how much they can pay. Remember the Confederations Cup, where it started? Saudi? I remember some million dollar desert golf classic

Yes i Know they kill a journalist, it's bad and sad. But how many years are they supposed to suffer? Maybe you ban MBS but 1 whole country? For years. It's like the would boycott UK because Prince Andrew has done what he has done.Finally I think this is because of playing in heat that they make much noise too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)