+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kjetil knutsen

Kjetil knutsen

The very highly rated manager is about to enter talks with us.
    Got to say,if we pull this one off then it's a bit of a coup but having bagged a director of football who has worked directly with him it could happen.

I admit to knowing nothing, but the more I read up on Broughton the more I am impressed, and this chap is linked to him, so could be a good shout.

Delia is also linked however standard liege is after him.
    Knutsen would be who I would stick my eggs in one basket.
    Problem is I believe he has signed a new contract,so that would involve a buy out fee.
    That won't be happening on venkys watch.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Delia is also linked however standard liege is after him.
    Knutsen would be who I would stick my eggs in one basket.
    Problem is I believe he has signed a new contract,so that would involve a buy out fee.
    That won't be happening on venkys watch.
    Delia had gone to Leige yesterday. Because of their club connection to Man City.
    I heard the latest is John Dalh Thomasson who had worked under Broughton previously. He is currently not working having left Malmo in Jan. He did a decent job with them. He is available now and no buy out clause. Bodo Glimt will want compensation for Knutsen.
    I quite like they are going down this route rather than appointing Chris Hightim or another Mowbray type.

I would prefer knutsen over JDT but it's a route I am happy to go down,over another dinosaur.
    We need someone with fresh changing ideas over someone who is stubborn and stuck in his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would prefer knutsen over JDT but it's a route I am happy to go down,over another dinosaur.
    We need someone with fresh changing ideas over someone who is stubborn and stuck in his ways.
    I'm just happy (& a little surprised) that we are going down this route of looking into well run clubs of a modest size in Europe. Quite often a manager from overseas comes into the Championship with fresh idea's, a game-plan and a new set of instructions.
    While I think it was injuries that killed our season last year, and nothing else, I do feel it was all getting a bit stale. Same voices, same things happening. It all needed a change. I look at how a majority of somewhat unknown foreign managers get on in this league, and quite often they do well. Its the, Bruces, Mowbrays, Hughtons, Pearsons, Wilders that all go round and round on a merry go-round and they all offer very little in terms of progression. Its all quite basic stuff. And quite often those clubs employing these types end up treading water for ever-more.
    I do think Brererton is leaving however. I am hearing quite a number of clubs are ramping up their search for him. Leeds have been sniffing around but the offer too low - around £13m. Which we won't sell for. But we really want someone in top over-see this, and offer up a replacement.

I can honestly see us going down the brentford route,which I am completely happy with.
    Buy cheap and sell big.
    We are a town team competing with very big fish nearby for supporters.
    We have to learn that any chance of regaining our stable premiership footing is pretty slim and more or less we will become a breeding club for the big boys.
    I will feel more content knowing we have a stable footing to do so with the people we are looking at to run this club.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)