+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National League betting odds 2022/23

The '4/6 Club' is now closed and hopefully not available against this season. Hope a few others on here got some money on at those odds

Best odds now for a Notts Top 7 finish is 8/15, and my least favourite bookmaker offering just 4/9!!

The only relevance is where we are at the end of the season but I really hope we put a marker down in the first 10 games.
    Put the pressure on Wrexham early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    The only relevance is where we are at the end of the season but I really hope we put a marker down in the first 10 games. Put the pressure on Wrexham early doors.
    Agreed, although I wouldn't necessarily bother about being top early doors. It's very difficult to front-run all season. Much better to keep in touch with the leaders but save your best form for the second half of the season like Stockport did last season. It's worth remembering that Stockport were well off the lead, in fact well below us, before they began their run under Dave Challinor. I'd prefer us to be much closer to the top than that, but it does demonstrate that the only time it matters to be 1st is after the final game.

I don't think you can treat a football season like a race. If you are the best team in the division, you will rise to the top. Fixtures will generally dominate your league position, I.e. run of tough games, you might expect to drop a few places/points.
    I think had Challinor been in charge at Stockport from day one, they would probably topped the table for the majority of the season, because under him they were the best team.
    I think as we have a new coach, and a fair amount of new recruits, we might take time to find out feet, (Challinoresque) but if good enough will will hopefully rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    The only relevance is where we are at the end of the season but I really hope we put a marker down in the first 10 games.
    Put the pressure on Wrexham early doors.
    I was purely talking about it from a betting, odds and beer tokens point of view.

The unknown new Head Coach aside if you are confident that there aren't 7 sides better than Notts in the league then 8/15 is still worth a punt IMO.

I'm not interested in 15/8 for Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I don't think you can treat a football season like a race. If you are the best team in the division, you will rise to the top. Fixtures will generally dominate your league position, I.e. run of tough games, you might expect to drop a few places/points.
    I think had Challinor been in charge at Stockport from day one, they would probably topped the table for the majority of the season, because under him they were the best team.
    I think as we have a new coach, and a fair amount of new recruits, we might take time to find out feet, (Challinoresque) but if good enough will will hopefully rise to the top.
    I agree and like I said it’s only relevant where we finish. However Wrexham seem to be serial bottlers and crack under pressure. I could see it being chit or bust for them so they’ll be desperate for a good start.

I get that you can't expect to win every game, nor be top for the whole season. What I don't like (and I see it most seasons) is the mentality that early season points (and goals) aren't so important because you can always make them up later. Players need to battle for every point, because the two or three that are missed with a slow start will likely turn out to be the ones we'll wish we had when it comes to the end of season crunch for the play-offs (or the league championship).

Back on point, I see that SkyBet has shortened Notts from the 9/1 I got for the NL title to 13/2. (But Unibet are now offering 9/1) Wrexham's odds look insane to me, with the best on offer being 3/2 for the title!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The '4/6 Club' is now closed and hopefully not available against this season. Hope a few others on here got some money on at those odds

Best odds now for a Notts Top 7 finish is 8/15, and my least favourite bookmaker offering just 4/9!!
    Bet365 are now offering 8/11 on Notts making the top 7, still not enough to tempt me but better than the '4/6 club' got.

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C172/D1/E75765362/F2/

For anyone interested, they are also doing a 'without Wrexham' win market, and offering a reasonable 7/1 for Notts. That means you win if Notts finish second to Wrexham.

4/6, 8/11 either way that's a very good bet IMO. You are going to have to have bet a shed load to see much difference in the returns lol

If doubts still remain and the concern that one of last season's big issues hasn't been addressed then a few quid on Top 3 at 11/4 doesn't sound enough fun to me.

Especially when compared to 7/1 to win the league without Wrexham highlighted above (good odds IMO). In fact it's makes the 11/4 unappealing.

As always bet responsibly folks, or better still bet with last season's profits

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As always bet responsibly folks, or better still bet with last season's profits
    Even better, bet with the profit from Boris Johnson being binned!

Although the money was only a small part of the pleasure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast