+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gotta laugh

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Going to start trying to be more positive by believing in ‘The Magic’ and getting behind the move after all it’s something for nothing, a blank canvas and a place where you can make all your dreams come true.
    #imabeliever
    Something for nothing ......no sure about that Scott.

Permanent renters to who knows in a few years time if it came off.

I'm trebly negative as I don't want to leave Dens, I don't think it will be good for fans and I'll never forget the state they have let Dens get into.

Wonder if DSA, 1893 Foundation, OLG and Dee4Life could get a fund going?

Apologies rros was foolishly indulging in some Sunday morning sarcasm. Not excited at all about any move to the Kingsway and I agree you get nothing for nothing. What I do wonder is if any proposed rent has risen as construction costs have. Last week commentators were talking about the clubs financial share of the project and that they were applying for planning permission which is surely not the case. More questions than answers as usual not least what Plan B is if the stadium doesn’t get built and Dens continues to be neglected. Some would say we should just concentrate on the football and leave all these issues to those who know best but I get the feeling we might be sleepwalking towards trouble.

Apologies rros was foolishly indulging in some Sunday morning sarcasm. Not excited at all about any move to the Kingsway and I agree you get nothing for nothing. What I do wonder is if any proposed rent has risen as construction costs have. Last week commentators were talking about the clubs financial share of the project and that they were applying for planning permission which is surely not the case. More questions than answers as usual not least what Plan B is if the stadium doesn’t get built and Dens continues to be neglected. Some would say we should just concentrate on the football and leave all these issues to those who know best but I get the feeling we might be sleepwalking towards trouble.
    I'm so wary of it, nightmare scenario....all falls thru, Dens is out of action because they let it turn into a midden, we move 200 yards Doon the rd.... permanently.

Less worse scenario it all goes swimmingly and we move.

Best case scenario for me is new owners only interested in football, Dens gets done up over a decade or two......I know fairytale stuff.....but imho so is a £144 million development in two years time off of a major trunk Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks Deeranged. Didn't know that.
    They were interested in St Mirren because they had no debt having sold their Love Street ground to Tesco.
    When that fell through they turned their attention to Dundee Football Club because they also had no debt.
    However if the Yanks had done their homework they would have soon discovered the reason why Dundee Football Club had no debt. They had just exited Admin 2 with all their debt apart from ‘football debt’ and the cost of the Administrators fees having been cleared by a 6p in the £ payout.

Going to start trying to be more positive by believing in ‘The Magic’ and getting behind the move after all it’s something for nothing, a blank canvas and a place where you can make all your dreams come true.
    #imabeliever
    Is that place not called Brigadoon.

Where are the club going to the quoted £30-£40million for their share of the project.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited own the Campy Nou and it is up to the Directors of this company to source all the funding including the new stadium.
    I believe this £144 million price tag for the cost of the new stadium development is another ill thought out comment by John Nelms in answer to a question from a journalist at the press conference last week.
    The pre application meetings due to be held this September and October should confirm the true cost of the whole project.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Wonder if DSA, 1893 Foundation, OLG and Dee4Life could get a fund going?
    Is that a fund to buy back Dens Park or a fund to raise £30-£40 million.
    The Dundee supporters should be setting up a ‘rainy day’ fund in case Tim Keyes decides to pull the plug and walk away.
    In my opinion the 1893 Foundation would have been an ideal fund raising vehicle for a ‘rainy day’ fund instead of money donated to the 1893 Foundation pouring into the Dundee FC bank account with no control over how it is spent.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Is that a fund to buy back Dens Park or a fund to raise £30-£40 million.
    The Dundee supporters should be setting up a ‘rainy day’ fund in case Tim Keyes decides to pull the plug and walk away.
    In my opinion the 1893 Foundation would have been an ideal fund raising vehicle for a ‘rainy day’ fund instead of money donated to the 1893 Foundation pouring into the Dundee FC bank account with no control over how it is spent.
    A scheme to do both what the 1893 Foundation does and to raise money to buy back Dens was rejected out of hand by John Nelms. Had he accepted the fans (Dee4L) he would have still had his free money and the fans would have been sitting on nearly enough cash to achieve that target by now assuming the projections had come to fruition. The initial buy into the 1893vfoundation suggests this would have happened.

The reason, in my opinion, that the scheme was rejected was that John Nelms would not have had full control of the income and could never have taken full control of the scheme. He believes that any spare cash any Dundee fan has to spend on football should go directly into club funds for his use without question or challenge.

The reasons I personally never bought into the 1893 Foundation are that, although set up by fans with good intentions, it's absolutely what John Nelms wanted and was always likely to be grabbed by him; I also believe it simply pays his wages. The money Dundee fans have given to Nelms without question or knowledge of how it would be used, in return for a cheap badge and scarf, could have been much better used by a Dens buy back fund.

my sentiments are similar to RROS, project is getting larger and DUNDEE FC dont seem to be a priority.
    i do not trust the yanks, i remember at the Gardyne meeting, the majority were asking , what do the yanks get out off it , now we know.
    They have renaged on buying back Dens Park, and with the amount of money wasted by the yanks, this could have been achieved years ago.
    Its been one forward and two back all the time they have been there, now we are relegated again, and we are expected to renew our season tickets at the same price to watchthe likes of Cove rangers and Hamilton, whilst Dens is crumbling,
    ffs they cant even keep the seats clean!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)