+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta laugh

Gotta laugh

Reading social media, Pravda and various other sites.

We appoint a manager after another wild goose chase and fans being kept in the dark and everything is rosy again. 🙄

Manager looks a descent appointment but the shambles that has been McIntyre mcpake and hands tied behind back mcpake under the shambolic leadership of Linda will take a long time to forgive and forget in my book.

Nelms has taken 7 figs in salary with not much achieved......the stadium move I remain wholly unconvinced it will happen and don't think there is much benefit to the fans of the club.

Now talking about identify of dfc....ffs he and most respected haven't given a **** about our history tradition or any supporters.

Never forget 1200 Dee fans for a home quarter final that's how disconnected we were/are.

Some fans seem far too comfy poodling about in the championship.

Good luck to Gary Bowyer, think he will do well......but Linda has completely failed in my book .....but football fans seem to have short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

We appoint a manager after another wild goose chase and fans being kept in the dark and everything is rosy again. ��

Manager looks a descent appointment but the shambles that has been McIntyre mcpake and hands tied behind back mcpake under the shambolic leadership of Linda will take a long time to forgive and forget in my book.

Nelms has taken 7 figs in salary with not much achieved......the stadium move I remain wholly unconvinced it will happen and don't think there is much benefit to the fans of the club.

Now talking about identify of dfc....ffs he and most respected haven't given a **** about our history tradition or any supporters.

Never forget 1200 Dee fans for a home quarter final that's how disconnected we were/are.

Good luck to Gary Bowyer, think he will do well......but Linda has completely failed in my book .....but football fans seem to have short memories.
    There is talk on Pravda about us purchasing a new training complex at Gardyne Road complete with office space.
    If correct it will be interesting to know if Dundee FC or Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited have purchased the site.

Did not think buying the facilities was what happened.

We appoint a manager after another wild goose chase and fans being kept in the dark and everything is rosy again. 🙄

I can't make up my mind about the new stadium. At the start I believed that it was the only way DFC could create income streams to strengthen the revenue flows and put more money into the budget for players and football experts.
    Now I worry that this is part of an exit strategy for our owners but that only works if there is a team capable of playing in it and paying for the rent or mortgage and running costs.
    s I said, can't make up my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I can't make up my mind about the new stadium. At the start I believed that it was the only way DFC could create income streams to strengthen the revenue flows and put more money into the budget for players and football experts.
    Now I worry that this is part of an exit strategy for our owners but that only works if there is a team capable of playing in it and paying for the rent or mortgage and running costs.
    s I said, can't make up my mind!
    A team, one team, any team, joint team.....whatever suits I'd imagine.

To me a bit of DfC will die if it ever went ahead ( big if) others will view it as a rebirth......but it has so little to do with DFC and all to do with FPS making their dough.

Some supporters seem to think we are hugely important to them....I really don't believe that.

They will do what's best for them if it just happens to be good for dfc that will be better but an irrelevance in the big scheme of things.

Driving past "the site" the other day I asked Mrs sunshine ( no real interest in fitba or sport) what she thought about the mighty moving......"nothing here, no the same I wuda thought".

Hope it all works out well but we all have different opinions of well......mines doesnae really involve moving to the edge of a country park.

Had not thought about the team occupying the stadium not being DFC. That's really put a cat amongst my pigeons! Thanks!!!

Question - who in terms of paying for the proposed stadium are building it ?

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Question - who in terms of paying for the proposed stadium are building it ?
    Who knows

Linda smirking at the press conference was pretty annoying when getting asked questions.

Bull**** in plain sight.......Jimmy saville esk.

What annoys me really annoys me is he opens his puss once a year and his stock rises to lord sugar business acumen levels....and folk start discussing what design the new stadium they would like to have.....I just find it incredible.

Maybe I'm the most cynical of cynics but a wee bit of evidence that FPS can pull this off would be good ( for those that want to move) .....I'm more worried about no plan b if it dosent......as what can go wrong with a provincial Scottish club with a core support of 5000 moving from its home and getting entwined in a 144 million project with no options if it goes tits up.

Mystery builders, mystery backers and the mystery of why.

Who knows

Linda smirking at the press conference was pretty annoying when getting asked questions.

Bull**** in plain sight.......Jimmy saville esk.

What annoys me really annoys me is he opens his puss once a year and his stock rises to lord sugar business acumen levels....and folk start discussing what design the new stadium they would like to have.....I just find it incredible.

Maybe I'm the most cynical of cynics but a wee bit of evidence that FPS can pull this off would be good ( for those that want to move) .....I'm more worried about no plan b if it dosent......as what can go wrong with a provincial Scottish club with a core support of 5000 moving from its home and getting entwined in a 144 million project with no options if it goes tits up.

Mystery builders, mystery backers and the mystery of why.
    Biggest mystery surrounds the development, or lack of development, of Dens - why not?

I've had 'no parking available' thrown at me (not saying by whom) but we've had capacity crowds in recent seasons with no real issues on that front. Tannadice has a bigger capacity but seems to cope - partly by using parking space behind The Shankly.

Then 'no space to develop lounges etc.' yet the space between SE and boundary over to The Coxy is huge - you could probably even plan a monorail station there if you were mad enough.

Then 'oh, but we don't know what's buried under there so it might cost a lot of money to remove the soil'. I doubt it would cost the £40M that a new stadium is reported to be costing to shift some old mill slag.

Of course the old chestnut of 'it's not a great location' - well it's 100 times better located for us fans to access than Camperdown Park is.

'Ah, but Camperdown Park is right on The Kingsway and a new stadium there would be easy to access for from the A90' - well, that's true if they ever get permission to alter the road the way they want, if they even have a viable plan in place to alter the road thee way it would have to be altered (Islay?).

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Biggest mystery surrounds the development, or lack of development, of Dens - why not?

I've had 'no parking available' thrown at me (not saying by whom) but we've had capacity crowds in recent seasons with no real issues on that front. Tannadice has a bigger capacity but seems to cope - partly by using parking space behind The Shankly.

Then 'no space to develop lounges etc.' yet the space between SE and boundary over to The Coxy is huge - you could probably even plan a monorail station there if you were mad enough.

Then 'oh, but we don't know what's buried under there so it might cost a lot of money to remove the soil'. I doubt it would cost the £40M that a new stadium is reported to be costing to shift some old mill slag.

Of course the old chestnut of 'it's not a great location' - well it's 100 times better located for us fans to access than Camperdown Park is.

'Ah, but Camperdown Park is right on The Kingsway and a new stadium there would be easy to access for from the A90' - well, that's true if they ever get permission to alter the road the way they want, if they even have a viable plan in place to alter the road thee way it would have to be altered (Islay?).
    The St J model was their blue print. Once they bought Campy there is no plan B and will be no Plan B until Campy is either completed or put back on the market.
    Agree that much could be done to revive Dens but I think parking is an issue if you want to sell conference facilities.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)