I was reminiscing about my football career, and brought up on youtube the star who i modelled myself on, his skills were breath taking.

If you got someone like him walking into any training ground in the country on monday morning, he would be shown the door. The head coach would be thinking that he didnt get modern football, and he would be right.

You wont get a midfielder receiving the ball on the edge of his own penalty area, taking on the team in front of him , and creating for his forwards.

Or scoring, hitting bullets, twisting, turning, nut megging, dribbling, destroying the opposition in five seconds. All at searing pace. All game long.

What you get today are bodybuilders playing tippy tappy nonsense trying to pass the ball into the net.

Not the truly talented, the genius, creative monsters of yesterday. Worth paying money for.

So where are those players today? Doing something else.

If you want to see for yourself what is wrong with modern football, go onto you tube, and get those videos of Gunther Netzer. There is no equivalent in modern football. And while your at it, bring up videos of Gerd Muller.

See? Thats whats wrong.

Young players of today should look, and try and replicate that. Fat chance of that happening.

Oh, and the coaches of today. Why does modern football reject such players? They are still there. What we get now is mind numbing sterility, predictability, stodge, a footballing death.

One player can change it all. One player can change the death of Cambridge v Morecambe.......in a second.