+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figure

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Are you suggesting Islay that it’s The Club who are building the new stadium ? Think this is quite important as it’s being widely reported that they are. Last week at the clubs press conference to unveil the manager when JN came to answering questions re stadium funding and planning permission it was we this, we that, surely he is talking at times like that as the football clubs MD. I’d be right in saying it’s a third party who are building the stadium and the intention is for the club to rent it ?
    I do not think that it is the club despite what John Nelms said at last week’s press conference.
    I think that John Nelms has forgotten that Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited of which he is a director along with Tim Keyes purchased the former NCR Camperdown grounds from Vico Camperdown Limited on 12th July 2016 for £1,296,000. https://find-and-update.company-info...s/appointments
    I would be interested to hear John Nelms explaining why Camperdown Elm Trading Limited which was the trading company of the new stadium development was dissolved as at result of a compulsory strike off on 17th August 2021 due the failure of its directors to ensure that their annual confirmation statement and annual accounts were submitted on time to Companies House. https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

So many questions.

So many what ifs.

So many mibbes.

Meanwhile the old lady (as shaded likes to call her) is left to rot like an auld wummin in a nursing home during COVID,. lack of visitors, lack of basic care, lack of decency......left to die.

No way to treat something that reeks of history......no way.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    My understanding of it is nelms and keyes are building a stadium through a company they own,and the football club will rent from them.

This is a major worry for me, they will be negotiating the rent amount,and lease duration with themselves. Other conditions could also be imposed,like the club is renting a stadium but not any concession stands,we are likely to be charged for parking,and again who is charging us,the club or the other company?

Of course,they could be building a stadium and donating it to the club, but keeping all the other stuff for themselves although you would wonder what is in it for the mystery backers who are providing the other hundred mil....
    Hi Grantzer.
    Everything you have posted is correct.
    Like you I am concerned that we will be in a worse position financially than we are at present paying an annual rent to Sandeman Properties Limited.
    We might be playing in a new football stadium but we will still be responsible for all repairs and improvements to the stadium which we have to do at present under the terms of our lease agreement which I have previously read will finish in 2036.
    At present we receive all the profits from Hospitality and the in house kiosks.
    If the new stadium is built we will be negotiating a new rent with a company who are likely to have borrowed money and it will have to be paid back to their lenders plus interest charged.
    There is no guarantee that we will receive all the profits from Matchday hospitality plus in house kiosks or even a percentage of the profits which means that the club will be responsible for raising their own income from season tickets matchday tickets and sponsorship income.
    I remember reading that after the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2019 were announced FPS were going to transfer their Dundee Football Club Limited shareholding to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited.
    However to date that has not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    So many questions.

So many what ifs.

So many mibbes.

Meanwhile the old lady (as shaded likes to call her) is left to rot like an auld wummin in a nursing home during COVID,. lack of visitors, lack of basic care, lack of decency......left to die.

I am astounded that John Nelms answered questions about the new stadium development at last week’s press conference.
    The reporters must have caught him off guard because he avoided answering questions at Mark McGhee inaugural press conference announcing his appointment as manager as he did a disappearing act.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    So many questions.

So many what ifs.

So many mibbes.

I find this thread really depressing. I suppose it's because I agree with the doubters. I like the idea of moving the offices to Gardyne and having the day to day facilities on one modern fit for purpose site.
    My query is if you take out all the offices and training facilities from Dens what could you do with the space? Bigger hospitality rooms? A better match day experience? Improve the Main Stand?
    Maybe holding on to Dens is a more viable plan B now that Gardyne is in place?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I find this thread really depressing. I suppose it's because I agree with the doubters. I like the idea of moving the offices to Gardyne and having the day to day facilities on one modern fit for purpose site.
    My query is if you take out all the offices and training facilities from Dens what could you do with the space? Bigger hospitality rooms? A better match day experience? Improve the Main Stand?
    No idea bcram

Dens isn't dead but got a terminal diagnosis today with pressure on the "old ladies" friends and family to accept no treatment and embrace euthanasia

Hope this cheers you up.😞

Everything seems to be in favour of the Community Trust as they are moving from their offices behind the Bob Shankly Stand to the offices at Gardyne Road.
    What will happen to this building.
    This building at Gardyne Road used be the Dundee College of Education building before Dundee College of Education merged with the Northern College of Education and moved to Aberdeen.
    Dundee and Angus College moved into the Gardyne Road site and it will probably suit them to rent out part of the premises to Dundee Football Club.
    Back in 1977 I was the treasurer of the Bank of Scotland Dundee Sports and Social Club who used to hire the games hall and the heated swimming pool every Monday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Everything seems to be in favour of the Community Trust as they are moving from their offices behind the Bob Shankly Stand to the offices at Gardyne Road.
    What will happen to this building.
    This building at Gardyne Road used be the Dundee College of Education building before Dundee College of Education merged with the Northern College of Education and moved to Aberdeen.
    Dundee and Angus College moved into the Gardyne Road site and it will probably suit them to rent out part of the premises to Dundee Football Club.
    Back in 1977 I was the treasurer of the Bank of Scotland Dundee Sports and Social Club who used to hire the games hall and the heated swimming pool every Monday evening.
    Luv it Islay 😄

Any idea the temp of the pool on a Monday night in 77. 😉

This problem would never have happened if Tim Keyes and John Nelms had put into practice what they preached.
    They should have purchased Dens Park from Sandeman Properties Limited which they said that they would do when they acquired a majority shareholding in August 2013.
    I blame Ms Maggie Chapman who is now a Green List MSP for the Campy Nou fiasco.
    Ms Chapman was instrumental in organising groups to object to the new Regional Performance Centre at Caird Park which was a joint venture between Dundee City Council and Dundee Football Club.
    Thanks to her rabble rousing the project was cancelled and less than three weeks after it was abandoned on 24th June 2016 the directors of Dark Blue Properties Holdings Limited purchased the former NCR Camperdown grounds for £1,296,000 despite the site having been advertised for sale for five years with no one interested.
    Ms Chapman is guilty of double standards.
    She was dead against the Regional Performance Centre at Caird Park but she was happy for the ‘watered down’ version of the RPC to be built at Caird Park because it contained a district heating scheme powered by ground source heating .
    However this is a con as only the sports centre is heated using ground source heating with none of the houses nearby district of Mill of Mains receiving heating from this district heating scheme.
    District heating schemes are nothing knew in Dundee as houses the Logie Housing Scheme and Stirling Park were before the Second World War heated by a district heating scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Grantzer.
    Everything you have posted is correct.
    Like you I am concerned that we will be in a worse position financially than we are at present paying an annual rent to Sandeman Properties Limited.
    We might be playing in a new football stadium but we will still be responsible for all repairs and improvements to the stadium which we have to do at present under the terms of our lease agreement which I have previously read will finish in 2036.
    At present we receive all the profits from Hospitality and the in house kiosks.
    If the new stadium is built we will be negotiating a new rent with a company who are likely to have borrowed money and it will have to be paid back to their lenders plus interest charged.
    There is no guarantee that we will receive all the profits from Matchday hospitality plus in house kiosks or even a percentage of the profits which means that the club will be responsible for raising their own income from season tickets matchday tickets and sponsorship income.
    I remember reading that after the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2019 were announced FPS were going to transfer their Dundee Football Club Limited shareholding to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited.
    However to date that has not happened.
    You talk about being responsible for repairs, surely the building would have a 10 years builders warranty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)