+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Figure

Figure

Was there ever a figure given for the development pre COVID .....is there anything to compare £144 million against?

Seem to remember £20 mill getting bandied about for just the stadium but Cannae mind if there was anything official from FPS re cost.

Sure that was price for two stands at Dens

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Was there ever a figure given for the development pre COVID .....is there anything to compare £144 million against?

Seem to remember £20 mill getting bandied about for just the stadium but Cannae mind if there was anything official from FPS re cost.
    I think that the original figure was £30 million for the development of the whole site with the stadium costing £20 million.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that the original figure was £30 million for the development of the whole site with the stadium costing £20 million.
    Figure I had in mind from memory but can't find any reference to it.

Remember asking a pal who was involved in big construction projects about the figs and he just kinda laughed......here we are (I know the project parameters have changed) a few year down the road with a 400% increase.....hmmmm.

Figure I had in mind from memory but can't find any reference to it.

Remember asking a pal who was involved in big construction projects about the figs and he just kinda laughed......here we are (I know the project parameters have changed) a few year down the road with a 400% increase.....hmmmm.
    Figures clutched from the air I reckon, back then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Figures clutched from the air I reckon, back then and now.
    That's hard to disagree with.

I enclose an article published on the DBF on 11th December 2018 which quotes John zNelms stating that the funding for the new £15 million stadium is taking a long, long time. https://www.************.co.uk/topic...g-time’/
    This article was in the Courier which I cannot read as I am not a subscriber.

I enclose another article dated 12th December 2018 about the funding for the new £15 million stadium taking a long long time to source. https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/d...rva_cmp_open=1
    Unfortunately everything in this article did not materialise apart from the piece about the funding taking a long long time to get in place.
    Judging my John Nelms announcement at last week’s news conference I do not think that he has the funding in place if Dundee FC are going to have to find £30-40 million for the cost of the the stadium.
    In my opinion this is another attempt by Nelms to try to pacify the Dundee supporters and to try to sell more season tickets.

Are you suggesting Islay that it’s The Club who are building the new stadium ? Think this is quite important as it’s being widely reported that they are. Last week at the clubs press conference to unveil the manager when JN came to answering questions re stadium funding and planning permission it was we this, we that, surely he is talking at times like that as the football clubs MD. I’d be right in saying it’s a third party who are building the stadium and the intention is for the club to rent it ?
    Last edited by scottg; 13-06-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Are you suggesting Islay that it’s The Club who are building the new stadium ? Think this is quite important as it’s being widely reported that they are. Last week at the clubs press conference to unveil the manager when JN came to answering questions re stadium funding and planning permission it was we this, we that, surely he is talking at times like that as the football clubs MD. I’d be right in saying it’s a third party who are building the stadium and the intention is for the club to rent it ?
    My understanding of it is nelms and keyes are building a stadium through a company they own,and the football club will rent from them.

This is a major worry for me, they will be negotiating the rent amount,and lease duration with themselves. Other conditions could also be imposed,like the club is renting a stadium but not any concession stands,we are likely to be charged for parking,and again who is charging us,the club or the other company?

Of course,they could be building a stadium and donating it to the club, but keeping all the other stuff for themselves although you would wonder what is in it for the mystery backers who are providing the other hundred mil....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)