+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: EFL Take Charge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,604

    EFL Take Charge

    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...s-live-7168976

    Opinions anyone?

    IMO this will finally get things moving.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,604
    for those who can't see the link

    EFL release strong statement

    The Football League have released a strong statement after informing Derby County's administrators that terms are changing regarding the sale of Derby County. Below is the statement in full, including comments from CEO Trevor Birch, but it appears EFL are now taking direct action to ensure the Rams are bought out of administration as soon as possible.

    The EFL has today informed the Administrators at Derby County that following the failure of Mr Chris Kirchner to conclude a sale of the Club, it is changing the terms of the suspended Notice of Withdrawal issued when the Club entered into administration in September 2021.


    The League is increasingly concerned that the ongoing delays in the sale process now present a real risk to the integrity of next season’s competition, with the 2022/23 fixture list due to be released in less than two weeks, and need to act now in the best interests of the EFL.


    The suspension of the Notice of Withdrawal of the Club’s share in the EFL is subject to conditions that, in accordance with the League’s insolvency policy, the EFL Board determine and given the lack of progress by the Administrators to finalise a transaction, it now considers it appropriate to revise the conditions of suspension.


    As a result, the EFL has informed the Administrators that there will be a revision to the conditions attached to the suspension and the EFL is now to be made a party to all correspondence and discussions between the Administrators, and any and all potential bidders, with an acknowledgment that the League will be able to negotiate directly in relation to matters concerning the transfer of the share in the EFL.


    Trevor Birch said: “Following this latest setback for the Club and its fans, it is *****ly important that a sale of the Club is concluded at the earliest opportunity and we want to ensure that this objective is achieved.


    “Up until now we have provided the Administrators with the time and opportunity to manage the sale process but with the long stop date on the asset purchase agreement and the membership agreement now passed, further urgent proactive action is required in order to do whatever is possible to secure the Club's future as a continuing member of the EFL.”

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,430
    I'm sure when this is all over and regardless of the outcome for DCFC I think theres going to be some sort of enquiry into Q to see if they've handled this all correctly and their selection process was above board, Sky reporting that Q have seen proof of funds of 5 bidders including MA and CK, MA suggesting he's being ignored by Q despite having the money and I'd hazard a guess that its already in this countries banking system and not held up in some European banks holding account while checks are carried out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I'm sure when this is all over and regardless of the outcome for DCFC I think theres going to be some sort of enquiry into Q to see if they've handled this all correctly and their selection process was above board, Sky reporting that Q have seen proof of funds of 5 bidders including MA and CK, MA suggesting he's being ignored by Q despite having the money and I'd hazard a guess that its already in this countries banking system and not held up in some European banks holding account while checks are carried out
    Yes, my opinion of quantuma has moved from neutral to positive (mainly through early-doors open communication) but now VERY negative, I don't think they've been dithering to increase their cash take, I start to feel that its because they are out of their depth

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I'm sure when this is all over and regardless of the outcome for DCFC I think theres going to be some sort of enquiry into Q to see if they've handled this all correctly and their selection process was above board, Sky reporting that Q have seen proof of funds of 5 bidders including MA and CK, MA suggesting he's being ignored by Q despite having the money and I'd hazard a guess that its already in this countries banking system and not held up in some European banks holding account while checks are carried out
    I'm also not sure, if EFL actually facilitate a deal themselves, whether Quantuma should be paid

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,627
    Quamtuma shouldnt be paid a daim bar

    And hopefully this means Ashley is quickly made owner

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,880
    Personally, I can't believe this **** show, has dragged on like this.

    Whilst the entertainment value has been legendary, there is a very serious and sombre side to all this.
    The EFL have been shown to be inept in oh so many ways.
    The administrators have been woeful at best and maybe even incompetent.
    The integrity of all bidding/buying has been outragous

    So the conundrum now is, what next?

    I think the league has backed so far into a corner, its spreading like butter around the walls.
    I saw a story on media that a transfer block may be lifted?
    Why, well I can only assume the league is crapping itself that if DCFC finally gets sold, yet won't have enough players to take part in the league programme?


    Bury must be furious with all this. They were dealt with like an executioner with an axe.
    Yet this goes on and on and concession after concession made.

    Now no one wants to see a club go under, but talk about inconsistancy.
    A major inquiry and witch hunt needs arranging after this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Personally, I can't believe this **** show, has dragged on like this.

    Whilst the entertainment value has been legendary, there is a very serious and sombre side to all this.
    The EFL have been shown to be inept in oh so many ways.
    The administrators have been woeful at best and maybe even incompetent.
    The integrity of all bidding/buying has been outragous

    So the conundrum now is, what next?

    I think the league has backed so far into a corner, its spreading like butter around the walls.
    I saw a story on media that a transfer block may be lifted?
    Why, well I can only assume the league is crapping itself that if DCFC finally gets sold, yet won't have enough players to take part in the league programme?


    Bury must be furious with all this. They were dealt with like an executioner with an axe.
    Yet this goes on and on and concession after concession made.

    Now no one wants to see a club go under, but talk about inconsistancy.
    A major inquiry and witch hunt needs arranging after this.
    I don't think EFL fancy the idea of a phoenix club making fools of them. Imagine Gedling Miners Welfare polling up at Pride Park for their first away game in the United Counties League against a well-funded AFC Derby Rams and a 25,000 crowd?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don't think EFL fancy the idea of a phoenix club making fools of them. Imagine Gedling Miners Welfare polling up at Pride Park for their first away game in the United Counties League against a well-funded AFC Derby Rams and a 25,000 crowd?
    Don't worry, I'm sure GMW will still show up pissed and smoking 20 Bensons. They won't humiliate you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm also not sure, if EFL actually facilitate a deal themselves, whether Quantuma should be paid
    I didn't read that as the EFL actually facilitating a deal, as requiring the administrators to keep them fully in the loop on all transactions and possibly say to them that deals the the best one get it done?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •