+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EFL Take Charge

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    If there was a medal (perhaps there ought to be!) for the most committed and enthusiastic Ram there would be no need for a vote! B4 has lapped the rest!
    Unfortunately, I don't know him personally but I find him inspiring.
    Who is the B4? Is he famous (in your club's supporters base) or maybe to the club too?

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Its coming hassan, quantuma begging fir small loans really isnt the look you want from a “all is fine” message is it

A forest fan I soeak to who has a wife who works in the psche unit at an hospital have this week already had discussions about the possible in take of support needed “should the club” go under. Trust me I know 2 people oersonally who are having troyble accepting the possible death of the club. One of them has been wearing his Derby shirt all weekend because he hopes people will save the club, I couldnt bring myself to tell him whats probably coming. Hes been a fan all his life, attends games etc, hes got his room full of Derby stuff (b4 also id imagine), I feel sad for these lads I ****ing hate the rats who fleece clubs and leave them in a state but at least most survive it

I fear for the families of blokes like the above mentioned and b4

Their constant is going and theres nothing else to connect
    I dont know most stuff about the club. But think it wont close down. maybe get docked more points, maybe even relegated again or stuck in div 3 for few seasons. but will bounce.

being a 1 city team does help and having some good history achievements, still has value and will come in handy or appealing to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Who is the B4? Is he famous (in your club's supporters base) or maybe to the club too?
    He’s a guy on another forum who DCFCA keeps referring to. Both Mac and MA say he’s a good guy who’s struggling with all that’s been going on at Derby, and that’s good enough for me. No one else on here knows who he is however DCFCA feels sorry for him...and that’s unusual, but fair play to him.

Point is, I think, that Derby supporters have been through the proverbial ‘mill’ for at least the last ten months and, while rich men play and try to get themselves the best deal, it’s the supporters and the staff (not necessarily always the famous ones) who suffer.

It’s always the same, be it Bury or Derby, Scun thorpe or Oldham. To me it’s depressing and frustrating, but there are far more important things happening in the world at both personal and international level and it’s good to keep a sense of perspective.
    Having said that...for some people DCFC’s seemingly never ending plight does represent the ‘end of the world’...an aspect of all this that the Administrators and those aforementioned rich men all seem to have lost sight of.

P.S. Apparently Simon Jordan agrees with you and is saying, via the DT, that we won’t be liquidated. This is a worry because he appears to me to have been wrong on virtually every count about Derby so far...and all it really proves is that listening to TalkSport seems to be the extent of what is laughingly called ‘research’ amongst the DT ‘reporters’ these days.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-06-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Indeed DCFCA is displaying emotional engagement way beyond his general level of sentience, but I anticipate a return to normal imminently.

Been through enough in the last 10 months might equally easily read last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Been through enough in the last 10 months might equally easily read last 10 years
    Indeed...or more! Can’t remember things being this desperate since the night Maxwell took over, but you never know, ‘darkest before the dawn’ and all that.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-06-2022 at 05:20 PM.

B4 had issues pre the last 2 years, I'm aware of what they are but won't go into any detail on here. Lockdown just made things a whole lot worse for him and then the precarious position the club found itself in made it even worse still.

Back on topic...I know it’s only the DT...who’s definition of reporting seems to be listening to the radio...but it appears David Clowes has emerged as being in ‘pole position’ to take over DCFC this morning.

.... and straight away folk complaining he's only got half as much wealth as MM....

Whoever buys will buy, maybe give WR a few million, no more than 7 figures, and then run the club at break even. Guaranteed the vary same people who slammed MM for spending too much will slam Clowes or whoever it ends up being for being a tight wad.

Just read a statement from Quantuma. Clowes has given the club a loan so we can start the season and sort the playing staff out. It also says he/they have bought the ground.

No mention of a takeover...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just read a statement from Quantuma. Clowes has given the club a loan so we can start the season and sort the playing staff out. It also says he/they have bought the ground.

No mention of a takeover...
    All it says, he will put a bid in.
    He has got what he wants, the only asset worth buying.
    Be wary.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)