+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kirchner REALLY pulls out

How long before he's arrested on financial misconduct charges?

Along with Quantuma

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Along with Quantuma
    As CH appears to have hoodwinked both Quantuma and the EFL into believing the cash was a) there and b) transferred, I am of the opinion that Quantuma need investigating by the financial services authority and the EFL by..... whom? Does the FA have any jurisdiction on this? Who else? ... unless the FSA could investigate the EFL as well but they probably can't/

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As CH appears to have hoodwinked both Quantuma and the EFL into believing the cash was a) there and b) transferred, I am of the opinion that Quantuma need investigating by the financial services authority and the EFL by..... whom? Does the FA have any jurisdiction on this? Who else? ... unless the FSA could investigate the EFL as well but they probably can't/
    Completely agree, and from a Derby perspective, with the question of how much time was wasted to the detriment of DCFC uppermost in mind.
    Wouldn’t trust the EFL to investigate much, but GP or Swale might have a better idea of who might instigate or conduct such an investigation.

The whole process was a Pandora's box, hope something is done about CK and Q

The EFL were probably fist pumping and giving high fives throughout as they knew it wouldnt go through. Rick Parry and his comrades must be sick to their stomachs that things are looking more positive now.

Lets be honest,, at least we got Clowes after all the idiocy of Alonso and Kirchner

Its weird how settled everything seems at Derby County and weve got one to thank for that (Clowes), I dont think he wanted to buy it was defiantly a reluctant saving of a club he loves and we owe him everything for what hes done.

It feels odd we’re back to talking about the match at the weekend so long continue

Feels odd that your talking about thanking Clowes after spouting all that rubbish about him only buying the club to redevelop it into a 200 acre housing estate lol, how wrong you were. Anyway yes it's good to be talking about football results for a change instead of points deductions.

I'll just put this out there for others opinion on this but I suspect Clowes is only here for the short term, he's on record saying he only wanted to buy the ground to make a sale easier(to Kirchner I guess) but as that fell through he ended up buying the whole job lot which wasn't his intention but did it to save the club, as I've said I reckon this wad just a short term fix and he might be negotiating a deal behind the scenes to sell the club in the near future, wouldn't be surprised if Ashley was the target, the pressure of doing a deal under deadlines has gone and they can negotiate at their leisure now

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Feels odd that your talking about thanking Clowes after spouting all that rubbish about him only buying the club to redevelop it into a 200 acre housing estate lol, how wrong you were. Anyway yes it's good to be talking about football results for a change instead of points deductions.

I'll just put this out there for others opinion on this but I suspect Clowes is only here for the short term, he's on record saying he only wanted to buy the ground to make a sale easier(to Kirchner I guess) but as that fell through he ended up buying the whole job lot which wasn't his intention but did it to save the club, as I've said I reckon this wad just a short term fix and he might be negotiating a deal behind the scenes to sell the club in the near future, wouldn't be surprised if Ashley was the target, the pressure of doing a deal under deadlines has gone and they can negotiate at their leisure now
    You may be right, I made the point some time ago (elsewhere) that buying a piece of real estate to then simply lease out is an order of magnitude easier than running a footy club, so Clowes MAY look to get out of the part thats not his business model at some point - I DO think he's done what he's done for the good of the club not profit though, and 'll always be grateful to him for that. If he does sell, and does turn a profit, well good for him

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)