+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Kirchner REALLY pulls out

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    The EFL were probably fist pumping and giving high fives throughout as they knew it wouldnt go through. Rick Parry and his comrades must be sick to their stomachs that things are looking more positive now.
    I actually feel far more critical of the ‘cowboys’ who tried to take advantage of our plight, the people who’s leadership got us into the financial mess we were in and, from what little we know, Quantuma...than I do of the EFL.

I’m not certain the EFL are fit for purpose however we (those in charge at the time) did do wrong. Something had to be done, we had to be punished and we eventually got off more lightly than we might have done partly as a result of the number of extensions provided by the EFL.

To me it’s individuals from Morris, Rush and even Ashley who have more explaining to do. It’s the likes of Kirchner who should perhaps face criminal charges and, imo, it’s Quantuma who should be held to account for the, again imo, unnecessary waste of precious player resources and, above all else, time wasted failing to see through Kirchner and the like. Isn’t that what they’re paid astronomical amounts for?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I actually feel far more critical of the ‘cowboys’ who tried to take advantage of our plight, the people who’s leadership got us into the financial mess we were in and, from what little we know, Quantuma...than I do of the EFL.

I’m not certain the EFL are fit for purpose however we (those in charge at the time) did do wrong. Something had to be done, we had to be punished and we eventually got off more lightly than we might have done partly as a result of the number of extensions provided by the EFL.

To me it’s individuals from Morris, Rush and even Ashley who have more explaining to do. It’s the likes of Kirchner who should perhaps face criminal charges and, imo, it’s Quantuma who should be held to account for the, again imo, unnecessary waste of precious player resources and, above all else, time wasted failing to see through Kirchner and the like. Isn’t that what they’re paid astronomical amounts for?
    A rogues gallery there for sure rA but I'm not clear what Ashley did wrong. IF he expressed an interest in the club, got his people to do the necessary digging, tried to negotiate, decided it wasn't for him and withdrew, isn't that what businessmen do all the time when considering investing?

His late father, Charles, told David to "never buy the club". He didn't plan to but couldn't bear to see it die. He did say he was looking for inward investment from elsewhere. Is he still? That would reduce his and his company's risk in this adventure. Sensible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    A rogues gallery there for sure rA but I'm not clear what Ashley did wrong. IF he expressed an interest in the club, got his people to do the necessary digging, tried to negotiate, decided it wasn't for him and withdrew, isn't that what businessmen do all the time when considering investing?
    I just got a bit tired of the will he/won’t he stuff from Ashley. You’re right...he’s not in the same category as the others but the mixed messages that appeared to come from the Ashley camp didn’t, imo, help at our moment of greatest need.

I'm not sure anything really came from Ashley, just primarily social media hype which people turned into reality

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'm not sure anything really came from Ashley, just primarily social media hype which people turned into reality
    But he never came out and denied his interest though did he, ironically Clowes did. Think once we've stabilised Clowes will look to sell to someone who can drive us forward, whether that's Ashley or not who knows but I think Clowes only sees himself a short term though as Andy said I'm grateful to him also for stepping up and saving the club

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Reap what you sow Mr. K!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)