+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

World Cup

Just watched us get through to the Cup after beating Peru on penalties! 👍Fecking tense!... Underdogs, and surprisingly were the better team. Presumably no threat when we get to Qatar, but I know you guys will be supporting us. 🙄...😀

Happy for your team.

Penalties are a BS way to determine who goes to the WC.

they should play sudden death at all levels. broaden the roster and subs and play to win.

Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I too wasn't much of a game and clear-cut chances apart from the miss from Peru which hit the post.
    But how on earth is the keeper doing all that on the line acceptable? Thought keepers couldn't move till it's kicked.
    Not going to go far but lots of other teams aren't going either.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Happy for your team.

Penalties are a BS way to determine who goes to the WC.

they should play sudden death at all levels. broaden the roster and subs and play to win.

Just my 2 cents.
    How would that go if they can't score for 129 minutes? mean would they play for 4 hours before someone scores. They are given plenty of time to win so I think penalties are fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yep, I too wasn't much of a game and clear-cut chances apart from the miss from Peru which hit the post.
    But how on earth is the keeper doing all that on the line acceptable? Thought keepers couldn't move till it's kicked.
    Not going to go far but lots of other teams aren't going either.
    I think they can move sideways all the like these days, but are supposed to stay on their line. Not sure that is adhered to either!

Having watched England play a couple of their recent games I doubt they will in Qatar for long!

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Having watched England play a couple of their recent games I doubt they will in Qatar for long!
    England v Hungary was not a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    England v Hungary was not a good watch.
    They were very poor, commentator initially tried to put the blame on Phillips for the first goal but it was actually Kane who mad a mess of it; Phillips nearly split himself in half to get to it.

Very disappointed by al of them and especially Kane for his post match chat; basically saying fans 'can suck it up' as there time between now and the World Cup.

This is ground hog day all over again for the 3 lions.

they pick aging "stars" on huge contracts that aren't going to overextend themselves and can't understand why they get shellacked by teams full of young and hungry players looking to get that big huge contract. Kane is the same as rooney was in the past. Terry and fat frank played for years and were outmatched.

The three lions best teams in todays age will always consist of teams comprised on those players that haven't hit the big contract years mixed in with some aging stars. However, one place not to play one of these old men is striker. That's better suited for a pacey striker that causes defenses fits.

The one exception is keeper. Pickford should be really good give the shots he faced this year at Everton.

Said it before and I'll say it again Southgate is a donkey of a manager, an FA puppet there for good PR.

Always come unstuck against any team with real quality and riding off the back off two incredibly favourable major tournament runs of fixtures.

That said, I also think this England team is wildly overhyped, entire defense is average. Midfield is average only quality we have is up top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)