+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to JDT

Welcome to JDT

At least we have been busy all summer trying to get things moving in the right direction. I must admit, I found it odd so many chose to complain we hadn't gotten anyone and predicted we would fail in our search, without ever knowing what was going on behind the scenes. That looking on the downside of everything does worry me.
    Its not the club, the owners, the manager, the players so much. Its the fan base.
    They just demand so much, and are just so openly negative about everything.
    I already fear fir this lad, and feel really sorry for him.
    Our 9thousand fans will turn on him the very second we don't win a game. And I think he will get hammered if things don't go really well.
    We wont finish as high as 8th. And from that aspect, I fear for him. As to most finishing 8th was a failure.
    So I do think he is on a hiding to nothing.
    Personally I think he will be a decent enough choice. As will Broughton.
    It should be a fresh start, and you would imagine everyone will get behind him.
    Anyone who has read Rovers message boards for the past 10 years, or been unfortunate to have had to sit in Ewood surrounded by cretins, will know that is sadly not the case.
    Its either automatic promotion or he will be deemed a failure. And any loss will create mass hysteria.

Positive into a negative.
    Come on champs we all know the moaning side of our fanbase will kick in the minute we lose but we cannot do anything to change that.
    I strongly believe that this change alone will attract more season ticket holders and gives us genuine hope that we are moving in the right direction.
    Thankyou tony mowbray for stability after the storm but we need someone to push us on and get the best out of our squad.
    Hopefully JDT is that man.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Positive into a negative.
    Come on champs we all know the moaning side of our fanbase will kick in the minute we lose but we cannot do anything to change that.
    I strongly believe that this change alone will attract more season ticket holders and gives us genuine hope that we are moving in the right direction.
    Thankyou tony mowbray for stability after the storm but we need someone to push us on and get the best out of our squad.
    Hopefully JDT is that man.
    After watching the guy arrive, and meet everyone. The smiling faces sort of sum the current mood.
    It has been YEARS since the club, the fans, players, manager are all on the same page.
    This is a fresh start. While everyone is cautiously optimistic, its still a positive step. I think everyone can see and feel that, a dark cloud has been lifted and I just feel everyone feels more positive.
    We have a positive guy in charge for a change. We appear to have a plan of action.
    Of course, the key ingredient in all of this starts when the season starts, which is results.
    I think the same, I think some will return and support the lads, especially if they have a decent start.
    While that may not happen, and it may not work out, I do get the feeling it will click at some point and we may be at the start of a fun ride.
    I have not looked forward to a season with interest this much since before Mowbray was here. His demenour, his negative dour stance, I am glad to see the back of him tbh. Its just refreshing to hear some positive words attached to the club for a change.

The soundbites are sounding very good and the players who we are starting to be linked with are decent.
    I am not getting excited yet but it's all looking promising.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The soundbites are sounding very good and the players who we are starting to be linked with are decent.
    I am not getting excited yet but it's all looking promising.
    Cautiously optimistic is probably the best phrase for most people right now. Not saying he will come in and we have this wonderful time winning most weeks. But I do feel a dark cloud has lifted. We all seem to be looking forward to the season for a change. I'm liking this guy. I like listening to what he has to say. Sensible and positive. I'm not expecting a massive amount and I'm pretty happy to give him some time to get things sorted in his style. I think we will see something different from some current players we have who didn't flourish under TM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)