+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marc roca

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marc roca

Apparently now signed, also Danny ings, some strong rumours of that, but can't see that one happening.

I've been burned one too many times by Spanish players at Leeds but hopefully this one will turn out more like Pablo than Rodrigo

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I've been burned one too many times by Spanish players at Leeds but hopefully this one will turn out more like Pablo than Rodrigo
    As mentioned on the "Incomings" thread.....

"Leeds United have offered Bayern Munich midfielder Marc Roca a significant pay rise, according to Sky Sports in Germany on Tuesday [14 June]. Roca is currently said to be on a wage of around £2.06million-per-year in Bavaria, which equals around just below £40,000-a-week – something that will now increase." If true, we have more money than sense (surely not?)

Played 196 games in all competitions and all clubs as a senior professional, scored 9 times, has played a total of 24 times over the last two years scoring twice, v impressive (I am being ironic!)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As mentioned on the "Incomings" thread.....

"Leeds United have offered Bayern Munich midfielder Marc Roca a significant pay rise, according to Sky Sports in Germany on Tuesday [14 June]. Roca is currently said to be on a wage of around £2.06million-per-year in Bavaria, which equals around just below £40,000-a-week – something that will now increase." If true, we have more money than sense (surely not?)

Played 196 games in all competitions and all clubs as a senior professional, scored 9 times, has played a total of 24 times over the last two years scoring twice, v impressive (I am being ironic!)
    Time will tell I guess - at least we are getting bodies through the door.

Does look to be a unit - Bayern have a pretty deep squad so the reason we can get him is if he isn’t a first team regular.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Time will tell I guess - at least we are getting bodies through the door.

Does look to be a unit - Bayern have a pretty deep squad so the reason we can get him is if he isn’t a first team regular.
    Yes he's a defensive midfielder, we haven't bought him for his goal scoring, if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football, we are not at that point.... so we look to buy someone whose played in one of Europe's main leagues...and you know who is still not happy..... how unsurprising..

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Yes he's a defensive midfielder, we haven't bought him for his goal scoring, if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football, we are not at that point.... so we look to buy someone whose played in one of Europe's main leagues...and you know who is still not happy..... how unsurprising..
    So what HAVE we bought him for? Philips replacement? Bolstering the Koch/Llorente area? What???

And as for what we have paid, Aaronson and Kristensen are (one would hope!) going to be regular first team players, neither cost anywhere near that ridiculous figure of £60m

He's played 24 times, and not all starts, in two SEASONS!!!!!!. JKA had played more before we "bought" him!!!! And you think I'm the only one who isn't impressed, think again.

Because its me who posts a less than glowing post regarding the guy, you can't help yourself making just downright ridiculous statements. Others have (and will) say much the same.

We're not going to be buying regular first teamers from the top teams in the top leagues, (well not on the budget I imagine we have currently and the fact we are at the stage where we are trying to stay out of a relegation battle.) It would be similar to buying the guy (if there was one) that shadows Harry Kane, he might be good but he has limited opportunity due to the quality of the player ahead of him. If he signs, I will wait till he performs before deciding how good he is.
    Agree entirely that we're unlikely to be picking the pockets of "senior" players from the "big six" in any league. We need to spend wisely, not profligately. All the more reason why Roca isn't right. We've failed more often than we've succeeded in acquiring talented additions to the 1st team squad, I fear we are repeating the mistakes of the past (many of which I have called out before the player kicked a ball for LUFC and I'm no footballing expert (as many have delighted in pointing out)).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agree entirely that we're unlikely to be picking the pockets of "senior" players from the "big six" in any league. We need to spend wisely, not profligately. All the more reason why Roca isn't right. We've failed more often than we've succeeded in acquiring talented additions to the 1st team squad, I fear we are repeating the mistakes of the past (many of which I have called out before the player kicked a ball for LUFC and I'm no footballing expert (as many have delighted in pointing out)).
    Unless your at the top table prepared and able to attract the best players with big monies... then we are in the world where the majority of transfers are not a great success, look at any team outside the top 8 (Tho even some of those are big disasters) and its rarely a big success so by default saying they are not good signings you will be more right than wrong.

Unless your at the top table prepared and able to attract the best players with big monies... then we are in the world where the majority of transfers are not a great success, look at any team outside the top 8 (Tho even some of those are big disasters) and its rarely a big success so by default saying they are not good signings you will be more right than wrong.
    Which makes it all the more v i t a l that we spend wisely, for players who will strengthen the squad or act as replacements for players likely to leave. Roca is neither.

Just to show I'm not completely biased against newcomers, take another example of a player we have been linked with, Minamino. He plays in a position we need to strengthen, he can't get regular game time at Anfield (given their squad, hardly surprising), but his record when he does play is impressive. Just in domestic (PL) competition, he scored on 3 occasions having played a total of 176 minutes in the season, so less than 2 full games (spread over 11 games as both starter and sub). In the season as a whole, he played in 24 matches, across PL, FA & League Cups and Champions League, for a total of just over 1000 minutes, (the equivalent of 11 full matches), the vast majority against top class competition, and scored 10 goals, so around a goal a "full" match. Would that we had a striker that could equal that rate!

He was also at Salzburg, so presumably has some knowledge of our other newcomers from that area.

His price tag is supposedly around 17m euros, so around the £14m we are rumoured to be paying for Roca. If as you say, and I'm not disagreeing, we have to gamble a little when acquiring new players, I'd put my money on red, not black.
    Last edited by WTF11; 16-06-2022 at 05:44 AM.

Perhaps marc roca didn't get gametime (given the bayern squad).
    Only saying like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)