+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky raving about Collins goal tonight

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thing is BT, they DON'T WANT to keep hold of him. They need the money, he will have to go, first to see will buy, no reasonable offer refused. You know the drill mon ami, he's gone, the only question is where.
    We cannot possibly lose Mee, Tarkowski and Collins in one hit sinkov, that would be suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We cannot possibly lose Mee, Tarkowski and Collins in one hit sinkov, that would be suicide.
    He’s contracted and we can’t sell and I can’t believe VK would sanction that one , we need at least a season out of him and if we’re back in the prem it won’t matter.

The money would have to be astronomical as well to prize him away at the minute as skint as you all keep saying we are the money for him would / should pay all the debt off.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    He’s contracted and we can’t sell and I can’t believe VK would sanction that one , we need at least a season out of him and if we’re back in the prem it won’t matter.

The money would have to be astronomical as well to prize him away at the minute as skint as you all keep saying we are the money for him would / should pay all the debt off.
    Word is we have paid the £15 million we were obligated to pay now, the other £50 million can wait a bit. Let's see what Vinny can conjure up.

Word is we have paid the £15 million we were obligated to pay now, the other £50 million can wait a bit. Let's see what Vinny can conjure up.
    Woods second payment should of about taken care of that then BT the pressures of.

I’m quite looking forward to how we get things going - interestingly we’re linked with a couple of European players already - regardless of the so called inevitable Man City loans.

Robert’s - Collins - Taylor Bellis - Taylor would be a solid base to work from I think.

If that's the case, then it must be that the terms of the loan agreement have been re-negotiated, because a 'significant proportion' of the £65 million was due to be repaid before the end of July, and £15 million is nowhere near a significant proportion.

" In the event of the club's relegation from the Premier League, the repayment schedule for the capital element of the loan
    is brought forward, with a significant proportion falling due for repayment shortly after the end of the football season in which the relegation event takes place. This repayment would, therefore, be expected to fall due within less than one year from the balance sheet date"

If that's the case, then it must be that the terms of the loan agreement have been re-negotiated, because a 'significant proportion' of the £65 million was due to be repaid before the end of July, and £15 million is nowhere near a significant proportion.

" In the event of the club's relegation from the Premier League, the repayment schedule for the capital element of the loan
    is brought forward, with a significant proportion falling due for repayment shortly after the end of the football season in which the relegation event takes place. This repayment would, therefore, be expected to fall due within less than one year from the balance sheet date"
    Probably like we guessed before Sinkov , banks not going to for close on a loan and get pence in the pound, they’ll get the pound of flesh when one or two bigger names disappear from us.

The positive is that Kompany wouldn’t have signed in my eyes if they hadn’t offered him a guideline of what’s going to be available to him funds wise for players so I’m presuming ( and you should never ) that there is a war chest available other than loans from City - alternatively he may have looked at the squad and said it does t matter who goes I have the solutions, either way I’m excited about the style of play we’ll have and the players that will be coming.

I know you lot down in the Ribble Valley live a life apart from the rest of us poverty stricken mortals mon ami, but £15 million is a "significant portion" to me!

I know you lot down in the Ribble Valley live a life apart from the rest of us poverty stricken mortals mon ami, but £15 million is a "significant portion" to me!
    Significant.......important, large, great. £15m out of £65 million is fairly insignificant give the accepted meaning of the word, unless you're being pedantic of course, not an impossibility. So either this £15m rumour is bollox, or they've renegotiated.

And I wouldn't be thinking this is a Get Out of Jail Card either, if we pay off £15m that leaves us paying LIBOR + 8% interest on the remaining £50m, I reckon that would take care of our entire gate receipts for the season. So all our loyal fans turning up on a Saturday and Tuesday and shelling out their hard-earned, none of it will be going to the club, it'll all be going straight to the Loan Company.

Happy Days eh

Significant.......important, large, great. £15m out of £65 million is fairly insignificant give the accepted meaning of the word, unless you're being pedantic of course, not an impossibility. So either this £15m rumour is bollox, or they've renegotiated.

And I wouldn't be thinking this is a Get Out of Jail Card either, if we pay off £15m that leaves us paying LIBOR + 8% interest on the remaining £50m, I reckon that would take care of our entire gate receipts for the season. So all our loyal fans turning up on a Saturday and Tuesday and shelling out their hard-earned, none of it will be going to the club, it'll all be going straight to the Loan Company.

Happy Days eh
    Alan Pace has three words to sort out this little, but vexing cash flow problem mon ami, SELL, SELL, SELL. Which brings us back rather nicely to what will happen should a £25 million cheque land on the Chairman's desk for Mr Collins?

Alan Pace has three words to sort out this little, but vexing cash flow problem mon ami, SELL, SELL, SELL. Which brings us back rather nicely to what will happen should a £25 million cheque land on the Chairman's desk for Mr Collins?
    You having a giraffe mon ami, £25m ??? He could be gone for a lot less than that, our only hope is a bidding war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)