+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England v Hungary

England v Hungary

Reminiscent of the magical Magyars! Southgate has to go.

I think Southgate has ridden his luck for a long time, and he's finally getting found out.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think Southgate has ridden his luck for a long time, and he's finally getting found out.
    Could not agree more. He has this weird nervousness about him that I have never liked. I couldn't respect working for him. He's not a leader.

Southgate was the cheap option when appointed. Lets face it, we were lucky in the euros

Shame he didn't concentrate on football rather than wokery. To be fair they were unbeatable at taking the knee.

I think Southgate has done well. He came unstuck last night because he was trying out personnel for the big test coming in November. Very few of them will make the final cut. This was no better than England's third team.
    On top of that Hungary are a good team and have got their mojo back.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think Southgate has done well. He came unstuck last night because he was trying out personnel for the big test coming in November. Very few of them will make the final cut. This was no better than England's third team.
    True they are decent, but that does not explain the chasm in confidence, energy and effectiveness. England have looked lost in this tournament which admittedly is not that important in its own right, but we look very out of sorts ahead of the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    A team that started with Walker, Stones, Phillips, Saks and Kane is not a third team. We got to the places we have in spite of Southgate. The euro 2020 final was Southgate's fault. You could see Italy coming back into it but he never made a change and they equalised. He then decided to wait until the last minute of extra time to bring on players and then expect them to take a penalty. He's an idiot with a talented squad

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This, feel like we're going backwards. When he was appointed, took the reigns off the attack and changed the old guard. Now feel he's going back to the kind of manager it was so refreshing he wasn't. Has a worrying loyalty to HIS players regardless of club form, plays 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders against weak teams. Players now again look nervous and don't know what to do with their positioning or the ball. If we didn't have Kane we'd be much worse and even he gets alot of our goals by shall I say questionable tumbles in the box. Unless he does well at the WC but the team also play with at least some semblance of a top team he can go. I love how we're meant to be tired but all the other teams have energy. The only saving grace for me is Rice, Bellingham (probably more in the future) Foden and for now Kane. Apart from that they're overrated mainly by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    A team that started with Walker, Stones, Phillips, Saks and Kane is not a third team. We got to the places we have in spite of Southgate. The euro 2020 final was Southgate's fault. You could see Italy coming back into it but he never made a change and they equalised. He then decided to wait until the last minute of extra time to bring on players and then expect them to take a penalty. He's an idiot with a talented squad
    Losing the final may have been his fault but surely he deserves massive credit for the fact that we were actually in the final in the first place too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast