+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Off topic, beware off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Golfers are pretty fit, no many walrus or John Daley types about now.

Curious would you class Dundee mad baiting as sport/pastime/too much time.

Darts and snooker don't really require physical attributes....like curling and bowls.

Golf does.....you swing faster you hit it further makes the game easier and scoring easier.

Takes intelligence to read pace and line of putt.

Takes mental strength to fight inner demons.

Poker face to show no emotion most of the time but a wee fist pump at the right time can annoy the **** oot of an opponent.

And then the all important " I was lucky there, you played well even though I won 5&4" so that you have got completely under the other guys skin and will again **** up in a ball of rage next time.

Golf not a sport ......golf is life.��
    Baiting? Me? Never

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I agree with most of what you say apart from ‘You swing faster, you hit it (the golf ball) further makes the game easier and scoring easier.
    I disagree with this. Hitting a golf ball is a matter of timing. Trying to hit the cover off the golf ball will not make it travel further. It is more likely to go off course and end up in the rough or the trees if the golf course has tree lined fairways.
    I was always told ‘the less you try to hit a golf ball the further it will go’.
    The same can also be said for kicking a football.
    Go big or go home.....fairways seem to be more forgiving with changes to courses and trying to speed up play by making it less difficult.

You know I like a wee stat.....here's one that convinced me to swing faster for as long as my health permits.

I only hit 7% less GIR from the rough as I do from the fairway but I hit 13% more GIR from 130 yds in than I do from 130 to 150.

So 400 yard hole if I can knock it 270 from the tee I'm still probably gonna be better AFF, find the fairway and I'm defo gonna be better AFF.

Now I better go start a football thread to compensate for that....as punishment.

GIR, wtf this is why folk hate golfers

Go big or go home.....fairways seem to be more forgiving with changes to courses and trying to speed up play by making it less difficult.

You know I like a wee stat.....here's one that convinced me to swing faster for as long as my health permits.

I only hit 7% less GIR from the rough as I do from the fairway but I hit 13% more GIR from 130 yds in than I do from 130 to 150.

So 400 yard hole if I can knock it 270 from the tee I'm still probably gonna be better AFF, find the fairway and I'm defo gonna be better AFF.

Now I better go start a football thread to compensate for that....as punishment.
    Have I logged into a Dutch team's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    GIR, wtf this is why folk hate golfers
    Greens in regulation.

Like next day delivery ....high target but you take what you get 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Have I logged into a Dutch team's forum.
    😄

Thank you for your post which explains why there are so many club golfers with a low handicap.
    The golf courses are becoming to easy to play.
    I do not agree with your post that cutting back the rough is to speed up play.
    Up to the middle of the 1960’s golfers used to take a maximum of 3 hours to play a round of golf on an 18 hole golf course.
    Then American professional golfers who took for ever to play a round of golf appeared on our television sets and golfers in the U.K. decided to copy them.
    Slow play was one of the reasons that I gave up playing golf because I was brought to play golf without undue delay, not take over four hours to play a round of golf.
    The biggest problem I found both as a member of Downfield GC and Islay GC was that the members who were notorious for playing slowly and holding up the rest of the course did not consider themselves to be slow when playing a round of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Thank you for your post which explains why there are so many club golfers with a low handicap.
    The golf courses are becoming to easy to play.
    I do not agree with your post that cutting back the rough is to speed up play.
    Up to the middle of the 1960’s golfers used to take a maximum of 3 hours to play a round of golf on an 18 hole golf course.
    Then American professional golfers who took for ever to play a round of golf appeared on our television sets and golfers in the U.K. decided to copy them.
    Slow play was one of the reasons that I gave up playing golf because I was brought to play golf without undue delay, not take over four hours to play a round of golf.
    The biggest problem I found both as a member of Downfield GC and Islay GC was that the members who were notorious for playing slowly and holding up the rest of the course did not consider themselves to be slow when playing a round of golf.
    3 15 for two ball today....medium pace

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)