+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest

Forest

At home first game of season,when I pick up my tickets for the two friendlies I hope to get one for the Forest game.

Forests first game in the Prem in 23 years so they'll be up for it. St.James' should be rocking and i'm looking forward to seeing what Wor Flags have planned

Saw this on Twitter and it took me back.....i still remember waiting for Ceefax and Teletext to refresh to see who had scored!

Name:  Toon.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  59.9 KB

Should be a good first game back for the season.

Ahh, Ceefax. Whenever I switched it on, it was usually 6 pages and I'd catch it after it had just changed from ours so I'd have to wait ages for it to come back round...by which time we'd usually conceded,

Up to a certain age, folk reading this will be like 'what the fuck is he on about?'

As for Forest, obviously it's a potential banan skin and the world and his wife will be wanting to see us turned over but, under Eddie, I'm happy that we'll give the best account of ourselves that we can.

CEEFAX was an amazing technological advance for sport scores and updates. Little did we know what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    CEEFAX was an amazing technological advance for sport scores and updates. Little did we know what was coming.
    My Dad still uses the text service on the telly (which looks very similar to Ceefax) because he doesn't (won't ) have a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Or what went on not so long ago. Remember, the Queen's first P.M. Churchill in the army as a young lieutenant went to war on a horse.

And twenty years before I was born the tank hadn't even been invented. Times have changed rapidly since the start of the last century.

Ah, CEEFAX... I remember when Ms Pacman showed her arse and broke Ceefax.

What I meant to say was "I'm really glad to see Forest back in the PL". I remember Bryan Roy lighting it up at one point in my early ****age years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)