+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

It's very frustrating not knowing what's going on. Here are 10 random questions/observations -

- where's Liam Fox sitting during all this (he nearly got the Raith job so he's not tieing himslf to us)
    - will AA get promoted in this latest reshuffle?
    - I'd love to hear Micky Mellon's story
    - will anyone decent not touch us with a 10 foot bargepole?
    - Hibs (& JR) were ****ed when Martin Boyle left for the Saudi dollar
    - who thinks there is something rotten in the state of Tannadice?
    - is Kevin Thomson a candidate or did he get a job?
    - I honestly can't see JR coming & then what?
    - Will TC2 get the job til he gets brassed off??
    - Hibs & Hearts seem to be able to sign players much more easily than us

Thats a lot of thoughts you have there. Not sure any of them are worth worrying about too much at the minute though mate.

Ross seems to be set to be announced according to many online whispers. If its not him, they'll look to someone else. Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing to do when it comes to football. The reality is pre-season starts in around a week's time and the club will be just as keen as we are to get everything tied up.

Stephen Pressley has stated something is wrong with our setup.

Thats all we need to hear to have 100% faith in Tony and our setup

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Stephen Pressley has stated something is wrong with our setup.

Thats all we need to hear to have 100% faith in Tony and our setup
    Agree and am amused by your tone, 71.
    Man who wanted job didn't get job. He therefore states there must be something wrong with the job. While pointedly NOT stating there might be anything amiss about his track record, qualifications, or suitability for the job.
    Real Madrid have never offered me a job . . . there is something clearly wrong at that club.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Agree and am amused by your tone, 71.
    Man who wanted job didn't get job. He therefore states there must be something wrong with the job. While pointedly NOT stating there might be anything amiss about his track record, qualifications, or suitability for the job.
    Real Madrid have never offered me a job . . . there is something clearly wrong at that club.
    Yeah he really irritates me. But as I said in another thread I knew him for a year or so when at United and as a person he was bloody nice.

Forming opinions on internet pages or papers is a really interesting topic - for example I said the other day if I had a plane I would bomb all the cants on love island. I genuinely feel I hate them at times (not limited to that programme) - but behind that there are people. We don't see them as people in print or on tv though they are there to be despised. Irrational hatred of people we don't know is my next book Steve. I am going to focus it on football. Is having an annoying face, accent, beard enough to despise and ridicule someone at every story? Clearly it is and whilst I don't know Elvis now my only personal experiences of him were quite pleasant.

Anyway I am going to setup a research website asking for examples - I have a transcript on the same issue but with bands. It entrigues me and even more it intrigues what I can write as a keyboard warrior and not even think - then I read it sometimes and think ouch he doesn't deserve that. The post there was humour but then I read it and remembered some of the vile stuff I have posted and thought that's not me really.

I'm going for a lie doon now

I know a lot of hibs fans through work and where I’m based, most of them when they get a new manager think he is an amazing appointment, and then about a month later want him out, that pattern gets repeated, so I never bothered asking them their opinions, but asked couple of the more normal ones about jack Ross, both pretty similar replies-

He is a good guy and a safe pair of hands but don’t expect scintillating football

And other guy said

Think he would have done ok given time, a bit defensive though

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    It's very frustrating not knowing what's going on. Here are 10 random questions/observations -

- where's Liam Fox sitting during all this (he nearly got the Raith job so he's not tieing himslf to us)
    It is frustrating, and i was contemplating a thread like this, but then i thought we have attained objectives with every managerial change, and while i am frustrated as i think we should have done even better last 2 seasons, i am content that things have improved.

Liam Fox was the first alarm bell for me that something was about to happen and wonder if the football on show is the reason again!
    AA may find himself further down the pecking order as JR may want his own team.
    I want to hear (Houston from previous) Nielson, Mellons and now Tams stories as something aint right!
    Dont know if there is anything to worry about there or not, but see the managers above.
    Happened to us over many seasons and will happen again. Was it any of their faults that those above them sold the gold and didnt find credible replacements?
    I think there is a long list of United supporters who are concerned about goings on, especially when objectives are being met and managers still leave or are pushed!
    Think i saw mention of JR bringing his own assistant, but is KT an option for No2?
    Some are saying its a done deal, so time will tell.
    To me, RN, MM and now TC have jumped at the first opportunity, or were they pushed, see above!
    Both have more money apparently.

For now i am willing to sit it out to see what evolves from this, but i think our points target for next season needs to be in the high 50s to stave off the resurgence from Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

I just tried to send you a private message, Shedboy1971, but Footymad Forums (sounding very like the parent of an unruly ****ager with bedroom tidiness issues) say: "Shedboy1971 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    And you can't have your friends round, or watch any more episodes of Blue Peter until it is done!

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Jack Ross will NOT be coming to us.
    Despite everyone saying it's all but a done deal.

If I'm wrong I'll eat humble pie but I'm certain there is something not right within Tannadice Towers, enough to put off any self-respecting candidate.

Anyway JR's rejection will be fuel for TA, 'we did try for the best but there were one or two imponderables'. Like when Steve McClaren was used as fuel when TC was appointed.

Enter Adam Ant, stage left.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post

Once we have a new Head Coach signed up a lot of these questions will get answered or just go away. United have decided we're having a new coach every summer just to keep us interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)