+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Signings

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think after last season’s two average signings, we should be giving Chesterfield a wide berth this summer.
    Average is a generous summary

We have had enough shyte off them thank yo very much..

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Nervous??? I'm absolutely terrified!!! It's the 16th June , don't these owners know how preseason works?!?!
    I just want it going on record with today's confirmed transfer activity that I'm no longer terrified lol

What a difference 5 days in football and a return from holiday can make

I'm going to assume the OP feels a lot better and more relaxed today

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    IF, this was to happen, forts?

The wrong Quigley.

I just want it going on record with today's confirmed transfer activity that I'm no longer terrified lol

What a difference 5 days in football and a return from holiday can make

I'm going to assume the OP feels a lot better and more relaxed today
    The op, as you call me is now very calm and was only trying to open up debate around summer signings . Correct me if wrong, but isn't that kind of the point of this site?

It's a commonly used term, and yes it is. I like your thread and I'm glad you are calm and got some "traction".

Now it's a centre mid and a centre back please. But again no rush it's not even July yet.

It's a commonly used term, and yes it is. I like your thread and I'm glad you are calm and got some "traction".

Now it's a centre mid and a centre back please. But again no rush it's not even July yet.
    Some of our best signings in past years have been in the second or third week of July. Our first season down here we didn’t sign most of our players until the first week of August. That’s obviously not normal but last year Matty Palmer signed on 21st July. Going right back to 2009 Lee Hughes didn’t sign until 22nd July.

Generally most players contracts finish on 30th June and begin on 1st July. So we’ve still got the rest of this week and next week before that date yet we’ve had three new signings confirmed this month.

Today’s business should hopefully relieve some anxiety that some fans may have been experiencing. There is still over six weeks until our opening fixture. So like you say plenty of time to shape and fill the squad.

Not so much new signings but departures, in tonight's Magpie Circle podcast, Paul Mace asked LW about the make up of the squad for next season and said there would be other signings and loan signings more than likely. However he intimated certain players had held talks with other clubs and had made decisions to leave, which was out of his hands. I sadly get the feeling that this would be Cal, Ruben or both, hopefully I am wrong. Time will tell.
    I am guessing the club feel Munakandafa is a better prospect than Lewis Knight, hence his departure. So at the moment we have, Rodrigues, Roberts, Nemane, Mitchell, Langstaff, Scott and Munakandafa to fill 3 possibly 4 forward places. This seems a lot, especially if we were to sign a like for like, Wootton replacement.

I'd say at least two centre-mids and a centre-back, because I don't think we can rely on Ed Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Not so much new signings but departures, in tonight's Magpie Circle podcast, Paul Mace asked LW about the make up of the squad for next season and said there would be other signings and loan signings more than likely. However he intimated certain players had held talks with other clubs and had made decisions to leave, which was out of his hands. I sadly get the feeling that this would be Cal, Ruben or both, hopefully I am wrong. Time will tell.
    I am guessing the club feel Munakandafa is a better prospect than Lewis Knight, hence his departure. So at the moment we have, Rodrigues, Roberts, Nemane, Mitchell, Langstaff, Scott and Munakandafa to fill 3 possibly 4 forward places. This seems a lot, especially if we were to sign a like for like, Wootton replacement.
    I clocked this too. It almost came across like the sort of thing you’d say about players out of contract like a Wooton, but to say some of the squad decisions are out of his control because players have ‘had negotiations’ and ‘decided to exit the club’ is an unusual thing to say when everyone out of contract has now signed or left. Does this indicate that the club have received offers that either meet release clauses or in effect can’t turn down because of the players desire to leave? My gut tells me Roberts, but nothing to back that up.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast