+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Signings

Is it just me, or us anyone else getting a little nervous by the lack of activity in the transfer market in the last 10 days?

So far brindley re- signed and only 2 in, 2 still not signed contracts and Eli and Wooton out?

We need to start seeing traction soon please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Is it just me, or us anyone else getting a little nervous by the lack of activity in the transfer market in the last 10 days?

So far brindley re- signed and only 2 in, 2 still not signed contracts and Eli and Wooton out?

We need to start seeing traction soon please!!
    Everyone is on holiday mate, we’ll be reet.

Contracts don't run out until 30th June so maybe some are kept under wraps until then.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Contracts don't run out until 30th June so maybe some are kept under wraps until then.
    This. I was actually surprised we were able to announce two signings from other clubs so early in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This. I was actually surprised we were able to announce two signings from other clubs so early in the summer.
    No different to Stockport & Wootton. If pre contract signed prior to June 30th, then no problem being announced.

Chicksen is the only player of note left to say yes or no with a new contract. We've signed a forward that has potential but unproven in this league and another right back with the same type of pedigree.

I'm quite concerned frankly, we've lost Wootton and his heir apparent in Eli Sam, leaves us with Mitchell as a tall striker, that makes me shudder

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We've signed a forward that has potential but unproven in this league and another right back with the same type of pedigree.
    Couldn't every signing be regarded as 'unproven' until they perform well for us? We've had a fair few players over the years who had 'proven' themselves elsewhere but were crap for us, either because they just didn't settle or they were past their sell-by date.

It excites me that we're now signing players like Cal Roberts and Macaulay Langstaff who were/are unproven in this league but excelled at the next level down and who are young and ambitious, and whose careers look to be on an upward trajectory. I used envy other clubs finding these types of player and making progress, while wondering why we so often seemed to sign players who were drifting down the league ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Couldn't every signing be regarded as 'unproven' until they perform well for us? We've had a fair few players over the years who had 'proven' themselves elsewhere but were crap for us, either because they just didn't settle or they were past their sell-by date.

It excites me that we're now signing players like Cal Roberts and Macaulay Langstaff who were/are unproven in this league but excelled at the next level down and who are young and ambitious, and whose careers look to be on an upward trajectory. I used envy other clubs finding these types of player and making progress, while wondering why we so often seemed to sign players who were drifting down the league ladder.
    I bet back in the day when Peterborough started signing unproven at this level types their fans had reservations but now they don’t question it!

Nervous??? I'm absolutely terrified!!! It's the 16th June , don't these owners know how preseason works?!?!

I would have been more worried if we'd filled out the squad without consulting the HC's or getting his input.
    2 strongish looking signings are already in the bag so nothing to worry about

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast