+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: KP

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    He off to play less football for more money -
    In a stadium with fans who probably have never heard of Maine Road, who barely sing and all their 'success' is bought and paid for with blood money.

Football is great ain't it. Really hope the bubble bursts at some point and we at least get back to a slightly more level playing field where the teams with the most money can't just hoover up all the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    In a stadium with fans who probably have never heard of Maine Road, who barely sing and all their 'success' is bought and paid for with blood money.

Football is great ain't it. Really hope the bubble bursts at some point and we at least get back to a slightly more level playing field where the teams with the most money can't just hoover up all the talent.
    Dream on

Salary cap is the only thing to resolve this situation. Certainly a more level playing field over here with our major sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Salary cap is the only thing to resolve this situation. Certainly a more level playing field over here with our major sports.
    Prefer that a state owning a club is prohibited better in future... else could be Citeh v Barcodes for a few years then it will become boring. Understand KP after his injury prone last season grabbing all that dough, think there was an agreement they were the only club in PL we were selling to.
    Hopefully we will re invest wisely... 3 years ago i never saw 40M for KP coming ... thanks again MB

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Prefer that a state owning a club is prohibited better in future... else could be Citeh v Barcodes for a few years then it will become boring. Understand KP after his injury prone last season grabbing all that dough, think there was an agreement they were the only club in PL we were selling to.
    Hopefully we will re invest wisely... 3 years ago i never saw 40M for KP coming ... thanks again MB
    "Hopefully we will re invest wisely"...... trust Ortas judgement.....

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Hopefully we will re invest wisely"...... trust Ortas judgement.....
    GFY, we have him and Raph that prove we are able to invest wisely. Would love to have every signing a dream one, but i live in real world while you romp in the anti Leeds one, enjoy... you sad feck

GFY, we have him and Raph that prove we are able to invest wisely. Would love to have every signing a dream one, but i live in real world while you romp in the anti Leeds one, enjoy... you sad feck
    One player worth more than we paid in four seasons of "overpaying" is anything BUT proving we are able to "invest wisely", but hey, you keep in trying to convince yourself otherwise. You live in the "real world"? I think not.

None of those in current positions of executive decision making, and most definitely not our DoF, had f00k all to do with Philips as a youth investment, go back a few years. One player and one player only introduced by that esteemed bunch of arseholes us wirth mire today than when first purchased. Real world? F00k me if thats our real world then Championship here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    None of those in current positions of executive decision making, and most definitely not our DoF, had f00k all to do with Philips as a youth investment, go back a few years. One player and one player only introduced by that esteemed bunch of arseholes us wirth mire today than when first purchased. Real world? F00k me if thats our real world then Championship here we come.
    Only 1 player worth more than purchased?
    What about Raphinha (£18m)? Meslier (£3m, I think), Bamford (£7m) and Struijk are all worth more than when they came i am quite sure. Maybe even Gelhardt (£1m).

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Only 1 player worth more than purchased?
    What about Raphinha (£18m)? Meslier (£3m, I think), Bamford (£7m) and Struijk are all worth more than when they came i am quite sure. Maybe even Gelhardt (£1m).
    I was referring to Raphina, as Philips was a product of the academy and was on the clubs books well before the three stooges arrived.

Post #116 referred to "we have him and Raph that prove we are able to invest wisely", "him" being Philips.

I'll give you the others, including Gelhardt although that wasn't my point. Even with those included that's 6 players since May 2017, 5 years, just over one player per year that have shown how "wise" we have been when investing in new players!!! On the mere law of averages given the scooping up of anyone and everyone in his first three years, anyone could do as well. (I could always list those players whos value has dropped since we acquired them?)

WS' statement about "investing wisely" is about as wide of the mark as our DoFs scouting capabilities.
    Last edited by WTF11; 03-07-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)