+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: KP

I never figured out if Smith had any say so but I lean toward the fact he didn't. Wonder if the same thing might be happening to KP.

With that being said if we were to get 70 million for him I think you have to take it. Our squad needs deepening and that would do a lot of beefing up. None will be close to KP but we are so thin and if he gets injured we end up with a repeat, or worse, of last year. Maybe leverage Mcatee as well as part of the deal.

Smith had some say and could have gone where he wanted to. In the end it boiled down to Arsenal or Man Utd but Man U were offering more money so he went there as he thought it would help Leeds more and then got slated for it.

The players who deserved criticism more were those like Mills and Keane who went to clubs they wanted to but where the clubs paid sod all and then we had to still pay a proportion of their wages.

Ferguson to be fair to him insisted on paying proper market value for Smith and Ferdinand.

Alan Smith also waived fees due to him from a transfer, and he didn't initialise the move

I feel quite sorry for him as he did what he thought was the right thing for the club and gets vilified even today by a lot of fans. He gets so much stick he doesn’t really come to games or reunions when he is in the UK.

We hung him out to dry but had no choice thanks to the then board - Smith made some comments a few years ago which I did not appreciate regarding his move to scum but its better to let this sleeping dog lie.

At the time of the Smith sale and others, to put it simply, as a club, we were raped.
    Every other club rubbed their hands with glee and nobody gave a flying fk.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    At the time of the Smith sale and others, to put it simply, as a club, we were raped.
    Every other club rubbed their hands with glee and nobody gave a flying fk.
    Smith did - heard the story around the time from Peter Lorimer direct over a cup of tea. Smith didn’t want to leave Leeds but went to Man U to get the most money for the club to help them out. He could have gone to Arsenal but they were offering Leeds less money.

His treatment since from some quarters of the support has bordered on the disgraceful.

KP gone for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    KP gone for peanuts.
    Yep, 45 mils maybe 50 if so things go right. F me they chasing an attacker for 34 mils who turn out rubish and they let a star go for that fng bananas on special idiots.

Congratulations to the Leeds board our pants have been pulled down once again - thick as f*cking sh1t the lot of em!

Oh and just to rub our faces in the sh1t a bit more they get to off load some of their sh1te on us for 5 million!

A dry bumming!

You couldn't make this sh1t up
    Last edited by Rev72; 24-06-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)