+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: KP

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    As you said about another poster - you do make me chuckle!
    You start by telling me that I know absolutely none of what I say - all supposition, then your second paragraph is **** all but Supposition lol
    And he goes without a single statement of regret or disappointment...Hmm - he's still on holiday and hasn't yet signed for City - so obviously he is currently a Leeds player - so any statement might be expected when he actually leaves. As for it containing remorse or regret - have you ever seen a player saying he regrets moving to another club? why the hell would he? if he did he would alienate his new club and supporters, not a good idea eh? I remeber when Batty went to Blackburn all the vitriol from Leeds fans when he said he was looking forward to working with Kenny Dalgeish and being with a top team - later after he had retired he went on record as saying he never wnated to leave Leeds - it was the Leeds board that got rid of him to pay for the new East stand, but having been shifted accross the penines couldn't really say to the Blackburn fans that he didn't want to be there.

Anyway as usual you will take a negative view of virtually anything pertaining to our club.
    Happy to agree that what I posted is indeed supposition, based on some irrefutable facts such as the current Schitty squad and the reasonable conclusion that getting 1st team game time isn't going to be easy, especially for a player who has been subject to serious injury, and who after all, didn't cost them very much compared to their normal shopping basket value (only one player of note (Torres) in the last 3 seasons under £40m, so potentially a "bargain basement" candidate, (and Rodri as main competition cost them £56m back in 19/20 season)).

your post came over as stating fact, when it's no such thing, there's the difference. I don't claim any special knowledge, insider information or suchlike, just what I see happening as another example of our Board not knowing what day it is, and a hypocrite of a player who only recently
    was stating publicly his desire to stay at Leeds.

As Rev says in post#90, there is no loyalty in football nowadays, I just wish that Philips had been as honest about his desire to leave as Raphina has been. I don't like it, but I can respect that he's been honest about last season being his last at LUFC.

A little torn on the loyalty discussion. It’s not much different than many of us experience in g to be workplace. Unless you are a government worker we are all disposable. Have a bad run of form individually or have a bad year in your operation and you can be fired or laid off unless you work for the government. Just the way it is.

Employees have been taught this and have reacted accordingly. Some will leave for less than 5% more pay. It’s dog eat dog. The worthless ones tend to gravitate to goverment work since there is no accountability and you never get fired or laid off.

Athletes are the same. Just bigger dollars involved and shorter playing careers

For a defensive midfielder, at the age of 27 with a track record of injuries, whom has never played in the champions league or a world Cup and has been capped in what I consider to be a mediocre England team where he has never really set the world alight, I think £45 to £55 million is decent value for all parties concerned.

No point harping on about players loyalty these days. Football is a business with players just seen as £'S and are often discarded mercilessly by those in charge in order to grab or save a few quid.

KP doe's right to look after himself and to try and fulfil any ambitions he has, because they wont be realized at Leeds in this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    For a defensive midfielder, at the age of 27 with a track record of injuries, whom has never played in the champions league or a world Cup and has been capped in what I consider to be a mediocre England team where he has never really set the world alight, I think £45 to £55 million is decent value for all parties concerned.

No point harping on about players loyalty these days. Football is a business with players just seen as £'S and are often discarded mercilessly by those in charge in order to grab or save a few quid.

KP doe's right to look after himself and to try and fulfil any ambitions he has, because they wont be realized at Leeds in this moment in time.
    Your probably right. We might be looking at his value though rose tinted glasses and 45 to 55 mil would be decent.
    However we’ve only got 42mil and are giving 5 of it back for a unknown untested youngster.

When he wore the shirt he gave his all not sure you can ask much more than that - who knows what the discussions were but we just seem to be naive and not negotiate hard when teams want our players.

The way the club repaid Bielsa shows there is little loyalty in football anyway - it’s just a business at the sharp end.

If we paid 16m for Junior then ……..

Hey ho at least we signing players I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Your probably right. We might be looking at his value though rose tinted glasses and 45 to 55 mil would be decent.
    However we’ve only got 42mil and are giving 5 of it back for a unknown untested youngster.
    I agree that we seem to have got the lower end of the price range, but what if Gnabri turns out to be a revelation next season or within the next couple of seasons?

As long as we add to the squad and aren't relegated at seasons end then this transfer doesn't really raise to many alarm bells for me.

KP could have gone a couple of seasons ago to Villa when they got promoted, but he stayed and not only helped us get promoted he helped to keep us in the prem for the last 2 years.

So I say he has been more than loyal for long enough, he has genuinely earned the right to earn more and test himself against the best clubs and players in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I agree that we seem to have got the lower end of the price range, but what if Gnabri turns out to be a revelation next season or within the next couple of seasons?

As long as we add to the squad and aren't relegated at seasons end then this transfer doesn't really raise to many alarm bells for me.

KP could have gone a couple of seasons ago to Villa when they got promoted, but he stayed and not only helped us get promoted he helped to keep us in the prem for the last 2 years.

So I say he has been more than loyal for long enough, he has genuinely earned the right to earn more and test himself against the best clubs and players in Europe.
    Lots of buts in that first sentence.

Good article by Moscow White on TSB site on this very topic.

For me it boils down to this:

If you say you want to stay, stay.

If you want to leave, leave but don't hold the club to ransom forcing us to take a lower offer to suit your needs.

He gave his all for the club but in reality if it wasn't for his gran he'd have left us for Villa 2 years ago when we didn't go up, loyalty ain't all that in football so thanks for everything KP, baffles me you're risking your world cup spot to go probably sit on citys bench till at least January when you could have stayed with us till next summer (or even Jan) got us a bigger fee, guaranteed your starting spot at a world cup and still gone and won multiple paid and bought for plastic titles but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    For me it boils down to this:

If you say you want to stay, stay.

If you want to leave, leave but don't hold the club to ransom forcing us to take a lower offer to suit your needs.

He gave his all for the club but in reality if it wasn't for his gran he'd have left us for Villa 2 years ago when we didn't go up, loyalty ain't all that in football so thanks for everything KP, baffles me you're risking your world cup spot to go probably sit on citys bench till at least January when you could have stayed with us till next summer (or even Jan) got us a bigger fee, guaranteed your starting spot at a world cup and still gone and won multiple paid and bought for plastic titles but hey ho.
    Wonder if what happened with Bielsa affected his thinking and he isn’t as key in the Marsch set up (other than he was one of our best players).

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)