+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: KP

All assumptions and guesswork and bs we will never know the reason 100%. Good luck to him and all that, neither of us (club or KP) owe one another, he has talent and we the club developed it and made him as he is today. Win - win.

I remember early doors folk groaning when his name was on the selected team sheet, in the same breathe I never thought also not long ago that we would be conducting 50 mill transfers!

My two penneth.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    We will never know the full facts but seems like he wanted to go and only to City - he seems to have wanted to play under Pep.

He was also seemingly the closest player to Bielsa. He has a sensible agent and they probably worked out how to get what he wanted.

If he said City and no one else it does hamper the clubs negotiating position a little.

I will just try to remember him for the happy memories he provided - wish him well and try to remember for all that 42m (or whatever the actual sum is) that whilst it seems low for him it is still all profit as he is home grown. Does seem odd though that Villa were supposed to be offering 50m straight up when we were in the championship.

Not sure anyone can blame him for being a little selfish about his next career step in the circumstances - City or Leeds, Pep or Jesse, 250kpw or 42k pw.

Leeds had the opportunity to sort his contract out last season or last summer and didn’t - he was for his quality paid a lot less than a lot of other players.

It possibly makes it easier for Jesse Marsch too as there won’t be comparisons of how KP plays compared to the MB system.

MOT
    Whatever the "truth" The only issue for me is how much our owners got for him - not thr lad himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Fortunately your opinion of KP is a minority one I suspect.
    KP stated ages ago he wanted to stay - you note HE wanted to stay - has anyone on the Leeds board listened? have they offered him a realistically increased sallary for an England international, have we heard a SINGLE word from the club saying they wanted him to stay, have we ****! As I stated nearly a month ago LUFC wanted to cash in on KP and Rapha - netting somewhere near 100 million so that they can rebuild for Jesse without having to touch their TV windfall - and so it has almost come to pass!

Why woud KP want to stay in those circumstances? he's not wanted by LUFC but IS by Pep and City, they will treble his wages, he will get a cabinet full of medals, be involved in European football each year and more likely carry on playing for England - whats not to like - and he has NEVER said he wants to leave - the club have effectivley moved him on for a decent profit [He didn't look too good in Marsches footballing style at the end of last season anyway]

Dissapointed though I am that he is going - I cannot blame the lad for looking after his family finacially when no one in charge at Leeds has made any effort to keep him - the opposite in fact.

So you carry on with your childish rant against a local lad made good who has shown loyalty to Leeds for the last 8 years and has proved that even as recently as a couple of years ago by TURNING down a chance of Premiership football at Villa.

Typical of your over aggresive ****e as usuasl.
    Agree he has more than paid his dues and staying the final year in the EFL to get us up when many other players would have jumped ship is a good example of that.

Always hurts that bit more when top home developed talent leaves - Batty, Speed, Smith, Delph, Milner and now Phillips.

Always been that way since the 1980s when the club let Seaman, Lukic, Scales, Linighan, Sellars, Irwin etc all go within a couple of seasons of each other.

Whatever the "truth" The only issue for me is how much our owners got for him - not thr lad himself.
    Yep with you 100% on that - to be fair to owners it seems he said City and this season which forced their hand a little bit 42m does seem low if West Ham value Rice at 150m

This thread is 'nuts'.......

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    This thread is 'nuts'.......

Salty too….

The amount is very disappointing. He's better than any of the sub 50 million transfer fees. Just the reality regardless of whether you are a Leeds fan or not. I'm sure that the other teams look at us as chumps.

It did not help that he really only wanted to go to citeh. Hard to negotiate when you only have one option.

really hope we get 70 for Raph but based on this transfer suspect it will be closer to 50 than 70

we also overpay for our signings. Orta must be the first call any DOF makes when he wants to get a rob someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Anybody know who this bloke is?
    Is he some kind of secret agent whose name can’t be released.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    Sorry to see KP go, but you knew it was coming when you seen him on the pitch on the last home game of the season
    I think losing Bielsa influenced his decision and the fact that Pep is a desciple of Yoda makes it an easy transition for KP, he's 27 and wants to play in the CL before his career is over, if you where in his shoes you would do the same, as its going to be a few years before Leeds get there (hopefully) unless SF 49 get their finger out!
    So move on, get a new young DM(maybe TA) and push for top 6 in 22/23
    Keep the Faith
    MOT
    He will be queuing up behind Rodri (and perhaps others), so he had better rehearse looking happy whilst warming the bench. This is World Cup year remember, and what game time will he have between seasons start and the WC in December? I'll make a guess at next to diddly squat, and that could be said about his prospects for a start in either the CL or the WC. Schitty have hoovered him up as they have so many others, to make sure he isn't a threat to them, not because he's an asset.

Fortunately your opinion of KP is a minority one I suspect.
    KP stated ages ago he wanted to stay - you note HE wanted to stay - has anyone on the Leeds board listened? have they offered him a realistically increased sallary for an England international, have we heard a SINGLE word from the club saying they wanted him to stay, have we ****! As I stated nearly a month ago LUFC wanted to cash in on KP and Rapha - netting somewhere near 100 million so that they can rebuild for Jesse without having to touch their TV windfall - and so it has almost come to pass!

Why woud KP want to stay in those circumstances? he's not wanted by LUFC but IS by Pep and City, they will treble his wages, he will get a cabinet full of medals, be involved in European football each year and more likely carry on playing for England - whats not to like - and he has NEVER said he wants to leave - the club have effectivley moved him on for a decent profit [He didn't look too good in Marsches footballing style at the end of last season anyway]

Dissapointed though I am that he is going - I cannot blame the lad for looking after his family finacially when no one in charge at Leeds has made any effort to keep him - the opposite in fact.

So you carry on with your childish rant against a local lad made good who has shown loyalty to Leeds for the last 8 years and has proved that even as recently as a couple of years ago by TURNING down a chance of Premiership football at Villa.

Typical of your over aggresive ****e as usuasl.
    Refer you to post #57 (and do a bit of research on other sites, I'm most definitely NOT in the minority)

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)