+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Probably being Impatient

Probably being Impatient

I am probably being some what impatient given VK has only been in post a few days. However, there is a fairly tight deadline between now and the start of the new season. As supporters we are all awaiting new signings and whoever they are will need to be integrated with each other. We have released 21 players and there are a few more going because of our relegation and a few more still to be sold it seems. We need to be begining to make some moves to ensure we have a big enough squad to compete in the Championship but we have heard nothing up to now. If we dont make signings soon the natives will become restless. We seem to be coasting when it comes to bringing in players so come on VK and board members get your finger out and start to get players in

The lads are reporting back for training on Monday. No doubt Vinny will be sitting down with the players this week and seeing how the land lies with who is staying and who is going.

Right now I think we have the nucleus of a team that can win immediate promotion. Let Vinny do his job and see we were are in 3/4 weeks.

I have to say the choice of manager doesn't inspire me.Good footballers don't always make good managers.
    I will be surprised if we finish in the top ten this season.Just hoping that he has us trying to play football and not hoofball.Roll on the start of the season and two matches a week. We will need a big squad to cover injuries in this league to have any chance of finishing top 10.
    Anyhow I wish our foreign manager all the best ..Have we had a foreign manager before? Maybe Coyle ! 😁

Patience mon ami. The club is in transition. Something that should have been avoided with new blood brought in year on year.

We are where we are. VK is strong on youth. Perhaps the Academy will at least provide credible bums on seats for the subs bench/ making the first team.

VK has connections that may produce some loan signings.

Yes we need to get on with it but we don’t need ten Dale Stephens or Danny Drinkwaters. We need better than that!

I'd like to see what Richardson and Thompson can do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd like to see what Richardson and Thompson can do.
    Dropping down a level will help, but do we have even Championship quality rolling off the end of our production line ? For instance, are there any of our academy graduates currently playing in the Championship, I don't know but I suspect there aren't. They're still regularly turning up down Shawbridge of a Saturday afternoon though.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Dropping down a level will help, but do we have even Championship quality rolling off the end of our production line ? For instance, are there any of our academy graduates currently playing in the Championship, I don't know but I suspect there aren't. They're still regularly turning up down Shawbridge of a Saturday afternoon though.
    The only one I have seen is Jimmy Dunne mon ami, and he plays for QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The only one I have seen is Jimmy Dunne mon ami, and he plays for QPR.
    I'd forgotten about Jimmy mon ami, Benson was one as well at Burnsley, but we know what happened to them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)