+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread for July/August 2022...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ave they signed yet ?
    We are certainly intent on spending some dosh. By all accounts we have made a firm bid for Standard Liege forward Jackson Muleka.

£3 million quoted.

I suppose this is the cash benefit of selling Nick Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Makes a bloody good change from the nonsense we had to endure when Dyche was in charge and his whole array of excuses and gravelly voiced cliches.
    Indeed mon ami, like you I'm looking forward to the goal-fest this season, 72 goals plus guaranteed, goals flying in from all angles, I can't wait. How many do you think we'll score at Huddersfield, as with the Dyche yoke thrown off, we overwhelm the Yaarkshiremen with our intelligent passing and free-flowing attacking moves. And we'll have a manager on the touchline who will know how to alter the course of a game, will understand how to utilise his bench, I'm even beginning to feel sorry for Huddersfield, they don't know what's about to hit them.

Bring it on, the revolution starts here. What is odd though, the bookies make Huddersfield favourites, has nobody told them ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are certainly intent on spending some dosh. By all accounts we have made a firm bid for Standard Liege forward Jackson Muleka.

£3 million quoted.

I suppose this is the cash benefit of selling Nick Pope?
    You'd hope so BT, if you sell an England international, you should have enough cash to buy a Championship striker.

Indeed mon ami, like you I'm looking forward to the goal-fest this season, 72 goals plus guaranteed, goals flying in from all angles, I can't wait. How many do you think we'll score at Huddersfield, as with the Dyche yoke thrown off, we overwhelm the Yaarkshiremen with our intelligent passing and free-flowing attacking moves. And we'll have a manager on the touchline who will know how to alter the course of a game, will understand how to utilise his bench, I'm even beginning to feel sorry for Huddersfield, they don't know what's about to hit them.

Bring it on, the revolution starts here. What is odd though, the bookies make Huddersfield favourites, has nobody told them ?
    I welcome the change in dynamics, but miracles might take the same time Dyche had to win promotion mon ami.

I well remember 5 of us going in one car to Wolverhampton in what was essentially a Championship "winner take all" game. Ings had a blinder, we won and the Clarets stayed up, Wolves went down; after that Dyche seemed to get his head together. Wot went wong?

I remember that game mon ami, Dyche's first season, two games to go and it was getting a bit hairy. What still sticks in my mind about that season is Dyche's first two games, at home to Wolves and Leeds. We were shipping goals for fun, we'd conceded 19 in our last 7 games, we had the worst goals against total in the division. Two clean sheets in those two first games, problem sorted the instant he walked through the door, only once in the rest of the season, Watford away, did we concede more than two goals in a game. Next season the goals flowed, we were almost unbeatable, promotion ensued. This was a man who clearly knew his job. This shouldn't need saying but it seems it does, if you put Frankie Dettori on a Blackpool Sands donkey, he ain't going to win the Derby, doesn't make him a bad jockey though.

I remember that game mon ami, Dyche's first season, two games to go and it was getting a bit hairy. What still sticks in my mind about that season is Dyche's first two games, at home to Wolves and Leeds. We were shipping goals for fun, we'd conceded 19 in our last 7 games, we had the worst goals against total in the division. Two clean sheets in those two first games, problem sorted the instant he walked through the door, only once in the rest of the season, Watford away, did we concede more than two goals in a game. Next season the goals flowed, we were almost unbeatable, promotion ensued. This was a man who clearly knew his job. This shouldn't need saying but it seems it does, if you put Frankie Dettori on a Blackpool Sands donkey, he ain't going to win the Derby, doesn't make him a bad jockey though.
    Was he ever backed properly Sinkov? Did we ever sign anybody who demonstrated our intention to compete in the PL?
    I said exactly the same in a earlier thread.If our biggest fan had backed him to a standard required in the PL we would still be there now.
    For me at the moment VK is a massive risk compaired with SD.It is window dressing to an extent because he has no pedigree as a manager whereas SD had pedigree and much more.Only time will tell if that risk was worth taking.If it goes tits up then the shoite really will hit the fan.
    The signings seem promising but we have had a few players before who could not make the step up from lower leagues.

Been looking at our signings and potential signings, and it seems we have three different areas where we are looking at players. PL club academy players, looking for the next Mee or Trippier perhaps, D1 clubs, looking for the next Austin or Ings perhaps and Belgium, where Vinni has extensive knowledge of who might do a job for us. All eminently sensible, no problem with any of it, but there is one very peculiar omission, so far at least, next season we're playing in the Championship, but we don't seem to have any interest in signing Championship players.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Was he ever backed properly Sinkov? Did we ever sign anybody who demonstrated our intention to compete in the PL?
    I said exactly the same in a earlier thread.If our biggest fan had backed him to a standard required in the PL we would still be there now.
    For me at the moment VK is a massive risk compaired with SD.It is window dressing to an extent because he has no pedigree as a manager whereas SD had pedigree and much more.Only time will tell if that risk was worth taking.If it goes tits up then the shoite really will hit the fan.
    The signings seem promising but we have had a few players before who could not make the step up from lower leagues.
    Just to take issue with you CiB, at the juncture Dyche joined us I would say he had about as much managerial experience as Vinny does, but without the golden contacts.

Been looking at our signings and potential signings, and it seems we have three different areas where we are looking at players. PL club academy players, looking for the next Mee or Trippier perhaps, D1 clubs, looking for the next Austin or Ings perhaps and Belgium, where Vinni has extensive knowledge of who might do a job for us. All eminently sensible, no problem with any of it, but there is one very peculiar omission, so far at least, next season we're playing in the Championship, but we don't seem to have any interest in signing Championship players.
    At this moment in time mon ami we have Hennessy, BPF, Norris, Roberts, Lowton, Long, McNally, Collins, Thomas, Taylor, Westwood, Brownhill, Cork, McNeil, Rodriguez, Twine, Barnes, Cornet, JBG & Vydra, just how many more "Championship" quality players do we need?

One more defender signing and a loan signing from City. I’m waiting for news of a couple of young exciting wide and central midfielders...

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)