+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread for July/August 2022...

We are phooked. Roll on div1 ..😁

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Weghorst doesn’t want to play for Burnley in the Championship. He should be sold for that reason alone.

I can’t see McNeil staying around if PL clubs are sniffing.

I would not blame Pope for going. He is first class and would be an asset at any PL club.

I can see Collins staying and working under a world class defender in VK. He has every chance of playing 46 games next season, if he stays fit.

I can’t see a PL club coming in for Brownhill. Is he really PL quality?

With the release clause, I will be amazed if Cornet is not snapped up.
    Moyes has the hots for Brownhill, of that there is no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That piece illustrates our dilemma succinctly, we really could do with keeping hold of Collins, but we need the money, Leeds know we need the money, some money, any money, so they'll drive the price down. In the end we lose a player we desperately need to keep, and he goes at a bargain-basement price.

How did it ever come to this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That piece illustrates our dilemma succinctly, we really could do with keeping hold of Collins, but we need the money, Leeds know we need the money, some money, any money, so they'll drive the price down. In the end we lose a player we desperately need to keep, and he goes at a bargain-basement price.

How did it ever come to this ?
    Attachment 21960

Jed Wallace on a free from Millwall, you know it makes sense. Trouble is WBA want him too!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We are phooked. Roll on div1 ..��
    It seems we are trawling League one for prospects Alfie.

We are employing our usual tactic of offering next to nowt for Oxford United's central defender Luke McNally. They want £1.75 million, we have offered £1,000,000.

Indicates to me Collins will be sold for £25 million.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It seems we are trawling League one for prospects Alfie.

We are employing our usual tactic of offering next to nowt for Oxford United's central defender Luke McNally. They want £1.75 million, we have offered £1,000,000.

Indicates to me Collins will be sold for £25 million.
    Sounds familiar BT except that we have gone a division further down in our search.Some things never change at BFC except Garlick`s bank balance.

Seen half a dozen names mentioned now, enough to see what the 'philosophy' is, as VK has stated, buy 'em young and cheap, develop them, improve them, sell 'em at a profit. Nothing wrong with that, it might keep a club like ours ticking over, but it makes Pace's aim of getting us back into Europe in 4/5 seasons laughable. There are ways you can get a club into Europe, but selling your best players to your wealthier rivals isn't one of them.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)