+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lionesses...

Cool The Lionesses...

First time ever I have watched a full England ladies match.

Southgate and Sterling need to watch them and see how proper wing play can rip teams apart.

8-0 to England. Bloody brilliant!

Not my thing BT ,but well done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Not my thing BT ,but well done to them.
    Not really mine either Alfie, but these lasses can play!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First time ever I have watched a full England ladies match.

Southgate and Sterling need to watch them and see how proper wing play can rip teams apart.

8-0 to England. Bloody brilliant!
    I took my granddaughters to watch England Women v Australia Women at Turf Moor back in September 2003. England won the match 1-0 but in those days lagged behind most of the other European nations. A lot has been done to improve the side since those days and they have now put in charge a proven winner Sarina Wiegman. She has already won the European Championships with her home nation and taken them to a World Cup Final. She spots the weaknesses in the opposition and makes substitutions that positively affect the game. The Lionesses simply tore Norway to shreds and 8-0 did not flatter them. The wing play from Hemp and Mead was as BT said brilliant. My grandson called in with his mum just before half-time and I asked him why the men’s team could not play like that. We have talented players but no-one to mould them into a winning unit.

What a strange name, who dreamt that one up, doesn't exactly trip off the tongue does it, 'Come on you lionesses.'

They should all stick to knitting and making cakes. Not my scene.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    They should all stick to knitting and making cakes. Not my scene.
    That comment would get you banned on one particular Burnley fan site malwayne.

I'm warming to them, the two wingers are lethal and can really cross a ball.

Do you reckon even Wout Weghorst could score goals in this team ?

That comment would get you banned on one particular Burnley fan site malwayne.

How about "they should stick to fecking and frying bacon" is that more palatable BT?

I think they should be more concerned with the colour of their pinnies than the colour of their shorts.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)